Last week marked a major shift in our house. While I have been working on my degree slowly but surely, this year everything has turned upside down. That's because I started taking on classes full time and my husband decided that he would also go back to school. Know everyone in our house is in school. Talk about a nail biter. I'm super proud of my husband, though. He decided to follow his dream and passion for physics just like I have done for writing. But with all of us being in school comes a lot more chaos. Student loans and supplies for our classes, not to mention finding every ounce of time we can squeeze out of the day to work on school and work. Oh, and take care of our family and relationships with each other!
So far we are doing great. Still hitting the online classes to handle the family life even better. Plus, we can help each other out this semester because I'm not good at math and he isn't great at writing. So we can help each other out when we get stuck.
It reminds me that I have to remember the bigger picture and stay focused on all of our goals. We are also setting an example for our kids. One of the best things I did a few years ago was join Amazon Prime Student. I rent the majority of my textbooks from Amazon because they always have the lowest prices. Of course, you get the benefit of having all of the Prime membership perks as well but Amazon Prime Student has some even better perks that I recently discovered.
- Free Two-Day Shipping – Get what you need fast! Especially those textbooks!
- Prime Video – Stream some of the best shows and movies. Some of my favorites include Good Girls Revolt and Mozart Jungle.
- Prime Music – I listen to film scores and classical music when I'm doing school work and it helps me relax.
- Prime Photos – Unlimited storage for your photos….you read that right…UNLIMITED!
- Exclusive College Deals – Who doesn't love a great discount on stuff you need to get you through the school year.
- Free game content every month, exclusive discounts, plus loads more with Twitch Prime. When you need a break from the textbooks, gamers can take advantage of member-exclusive discounts on new release and pre-order boxed video games. You'll get characters, vehicles, skins, and boosts for top games on Twitch, plus surprises like full indie games and exclusive loot. I'm not a gamer, but I imagine this is great for those that are. It's also a nice escape from all that school work.
- Unlimited listening to original audio series with Audible. I'm excited about this one. Audible Channels features a refreshed and thoughtfully organized selection of original programs, comedy, lectures, and audio editions of standout articles from The Wall Street Journal to The Onion. Whether you’re listening to a TED talk on your way to class or decompressing from a busy week with comedy, Audible Channels is a great addition to your Prime Student benefits. Just download the Audible App and sign in with your Amazon account information. ($60 value!)
- Unlimited reading on any device with Prime Reading. Using your Kindle or the Kindle app that is available on all platforms including your computer, you can read to your heart's desire. This is one of my FAVORITE perks of Amazon Prime Student. Take advantage of unlimited access to over a thousand books, current issue magazines, comics, Kindle Singles, and more. The Prime Reading library is huge and includes lots of great options.
When you sign up for Amazon Prime Student, there is no cost for the first six months, courtesy of Sprint and you can cancel at any time. After that, it is only $49 for the year. Plus, when you refer a friend who signs up for a sponsored trial of Amazon Prime Student, they get $10 off, and you get a $10 credit! Here is my Refer a Friend link (thanks for supporting my textbooks!)
Wish us luck!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.