As Pinterest grows at a viral rate more people are wanting to incorporate it into everything they do. People love it because they find great information from blogs that didn’t know about. Bloggers love it because it brings them traffic and new followers. Brands are even catching up on the trend and creating their own Pinterest Pages.
So why not add it to your other Social Media Networks.
The following tutorial is going to teach you how to create a Pinterest Tab on your Facebook Fan Page. It will allow people to follow you and see your boards without leaving Facebook.
UPDATE: Facebook has changed all Facebook Fan Pages to the new Timeline format (As of March 30) The steps are still the same but I’ve updated the “Finish Product” photo for you.
First, Install the WooBox Static iFrame App on your Facebook Fan Page
1. Visit apps.facebook.com/iframehost
2. Click Install Page Tab.
3. Choose the page you want to add the iframe app too.
4. Click Add Static iFrame Tab
If you are planning on creating a custom Pinterest Icon on your tab you can skip down to Step 12
5. You new tab will appear on your Fan page with a Blue icon that says Welcome. Click this tab to Edit the Static iFrame.
6. Click the Authorize the Tab application
7. Click Allow
8. Select URL in the Page Source section.
9. The best way to display your Pinterest Profile is to use the Mobile version of Pinterest. (Inserting m. before Pinterest.com without the www) There are different things you have the option to link to.
User Homepage (with Follow button) http://m.pinterest.com/USERNAME
User Boards http://m.pinterest.com/USERNAME/BOARD-NAME/
Your Website Source (things that have pinned from your website only) http://m.pinterest.com/source/jamonkey.com/
You can tak the m. (for mobile) out but it actually fits perfectly in the area whereas the full version will create scroll bars.
10. You’ll see at the bottom before you Save Changes that you can change the Tab Name from Welcome to Pinterest.
11. Click Save Changes and then you can scroll to the top and select View Tab.
If you’d like you can create a custom Pinterest tab to have a cute little Pinterest Icon to go with it follow these steps.
12. Create New App (this step is much easier in a new browser tab or window)
Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps and click the Create New App button. Next type an App Name (This can be anything you want, the name you are going to call your tab would be a good choice), agree to the Facebook terms and click Continue.
13. Configure your App
Download this image (Right click > Save As) to use as your Pinterest Icon
Note your App ID at the top of the page. You need this App ID to create the URLs you need to enter in the App on Facebook and Page Tab sections,
14. Install your new App to your Page
Make a note of your App Secret (you will need to input it shortly). Enter the following URL in your browser to install your new page tab app:
15. Visit your Page Tab
The first time you visit your page tab, you will be prompted to enter your App Secret into activate the tab.
After you Activate your new App you will need to set it up just like stated in steps 5-11
Then you can delete the extra tab (with the blue icon) because you’ve replaced it with the new pretty Pinterest icon.