Winter Break is a kids favorite time out of the whole year. They are out of school, you get to eat lots of yummy treats, and then you have Christmas to look forward to. But a few days in and they are already going stir crazy because the weather stinks and they are bored until those new toys arrive from Santa. Here are some tips to keep your kids from saying, “I’m bored,” and TV watching zombies.
- Take advantage of the good weather days by getting outside to play. Go for walks in your area and discover new trails that you may not have known about.
- In the evenings, do for a drive to look at the Christmas lights that line the neighborhoods.
- Discover some of the neighboring towns by visiting during their annual tree lighting or Santa’s arrival. In our town, the local business and scout troop’s sponsor the event and they roast marshmallows, serve hot chocolate, have a live nativity scene with animals (even a camel), and a mini Christmas parade that welcomes Santa’s arrival. They also brought Elsa and made it “snow!”
- Visiting a pop-up ice skating rink. When it gets a little colder there are some great places to find ice skating rinks that you can try something new on.
- Play a fun Video game that requires full body movement. We love the new Just Dance Disney 2 that just came out. It features my daughter’s favorite Disney shows like Descendents, Liv and Maddie, and Girl Meets World. We also have the first Disney version as well. The kids love playing it because they get to dance around and compete for the high score.
We’ve been playing a couple of songs a day together and the girls get up and groove along with me. The dancers on the screen and even dressed like the show that they are from. It makes it far more interactive.
With more than 20 different tracks to choose from, they have lots to dance to. It also has different levels for each dance with some being easier than others. Even though my youngest doesn’t follow the game play, she is up dancing around with her sister. It’s super cute to watch!
Check out Just Dance Disney 2, it’s an awesome gift for the holidays and is available on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Nintendo’s Wii and Wii U systems.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.