Looking for a flavorful slow cooker recipe? Try this yummy Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Pulled Chicken Recipe today!
I think the slow cooker and the Instant Pot are two of the best inventions on the planet. You can place your food inside and turn it on and in a few minutes or hours, you have dinner prepared. Easy peasy!
This past week has been the worst with Gator's passing and getting through finals. Having easy meals is a must when I just don't have it in me to do anything else. Such is life sometimes. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm also ready for Christmas break for the kiddos. I think some holiday time will lift my spirits. Making Christmas goodies is looking better and better because I get to munch on them and the girls love being in the kitchen with me. It's always nice giving our neighbors and service workers like our sanitation workers and mailman something nice to enjoy also.
Place the chicken breast and reserved pineapple juice into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Place the chicken, teriyaki sauce, and pineapples back into the slow cooker. It the sauce is too thick add remaining pineapple or water in two tablespoon increments until it is saucy, not dry.
Add garlic, salt, and brown sugar and mix well. Cook on low for another 1/2 hour!
Serve over some white rice or even on a Hawaiian bun!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained with liquid reserved
- 1 bottle your favorite teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Add ½ C reserved pineapple juice. If liquid doesn’t equal half cup, top it off with until it does.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Remove them from the cooker and shred them with two forks until all the chicken is shredded. Add back to the slow cooker.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and the pineapple chunks. Mix together. If this is too thick, add any remaining pineapple juice or water, in two tablespoon increments until the mixture is “saucy” and not dry.
- Add the garlic, salt and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Cook on low for another ½ hour.