This post is sponsored by OshKosh B’Gosh; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
I can hardly contain my excitement about our upcoming spring travels. This year we were selected to attend the White House Easter Egg Roll in Washington DC! So we are packing up the family and heading to Washington DC this Easter to experience our nation’s capital and take in its spring beauty. I can’t wait to see all the cherry blossoms and visit all the great museums. So to prepare for our journey I’ve created a list of packing tips for our Spring Break travels.
Book your vacation with Get Away Today!
- Road Trip Snacks – Packing healthy protein-packed snacks will keep you out of the drive-thrus and convenience store junk food aisles. You can read more about my road trip snack picks here.
- Trip Entertainment – My daughters love to color while we travel, so we make sure to grab coloring books and colored pencils for them. Don’t forget the pencil sharpener! Make sure you pack the chargers for the tablets (or smartphones), movies help pass the time for those long trips. I’m also a fan of road trip games, especially those that involve looking out the window because we tend to get car sick if we are looking down too long.
- Cute Outfits – This should be a given but when you’re on Spring Break with your family you are probably taking lots of pictures to remember it! We are going to the White House for Easter so you better believe I’m packing the cutest outfits I can find. I grabbed some beautiful dresses for the girls to wear during the Easter Egg Roll. I paired them with some sweaters in case the weather turns out to be chilly.
- Comfy Outfits – Not only are you going to be in the car for a long time, but Spring Break is also all about having fun. Spring is notorious for warm days and cooler nights so make sure to pack light sweaters and some leggings that you can easily store in a bag.
- Sun gear – Sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, flip flops. Soak up the Vitamin D and go outside. You can stay cooped up at home. It’s Spring Break…get outside!
- Camera – Let your kids control their own camera, even if it’s just a disposable one. Then get them printed after they trip to put into a memory book. They will cherish the trip even more because they captured their favorite parts with their own camera.
- Holiday gear – This all depends on when you plan your trip, but we are going during Easter so I want to make sure the Easter Bunny knows where to find us and make sure the girls get their Easter baskets.
- A map – Yes, an actual printed map or atlas. One of my favorite things to do, when I was little, was read the map to my parents. I was really good at it and to this day, I have a fantastic sense of direction. Besides, kids are used to GPS and cellphones giving us directions. What happens when that technology doesn’t work? Just like I say, as technology gets more advanced, our kids learn fewer skills. Teach them how to read a map!
- Toiletries and Medications – Make sure you have the essentials for your trip like toothbrush and headache medicine. We like keeping a bag in the car with children’s chewable in case of a random fever or headache. Allergy medicine would be a safe bet too with all the trees and flowers blooming. I have girls so detangling spray and hair ties are a must too.
- Sleep Gear – Grab your comfy pajamas and lovies. If your little ones need special things to help them sleep like a nightlight or a special toy to snuggle with, make sure you have it before you go. Nothing ruins a trip faster than sleepless nights. We got all of our favorites at OshKosh B’Gosh. It’s our favorite place to shop because I can get everything we need all in one place. OshKosh also makes great shorts and pants with elastic in the waist that is adjustable so it fits my growing girls longer. Find your local store.
I was at Osh Kosh the other day grabbing a sun hat and glasses. Spring wear is my favorite for kids!
All the snack and entertainment…and comfy clothes. Traveling should be comfy!
Your girls are precious! I love their eyes.
Your girls are gorgeous! I love their clothes!
So cute! I love the clothes at Oshkosh! Your girls look adorable in them! Plus your essentials are spot on:)