I have a really good feeling about this! At least Han doesn’t have a bad feeling about this! The new Han Solo movie comes out May 25th, and the new “official trailer is finally here! Take a look!
I’m excited about this story for a couple of reasons. First, Star Wars did a fantastic job with Rogue One, and I’m anxious to see stories from a galaxy that is much bigger than the Skywalker family. This isn’t just a story about Han Solo; we also get a look into Chewbacca and Lando Calrissian.
Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future co-pilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.
So here is what we know so far about Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- 10 Years – We know that the events in this movie take place about ten years before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope. That puts the story around the same time as the rebellion is starting to kick off. Han is in his early 20’s.
- Han Solo and the Empire – In the teaser to the teaser trailer you see Han applying to be a pilot with the Empire. He also mentions being kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of his own.
- Building the Empire – You can see Star Destroyers being constructed at the beginning of the trailer.
- Chewbacca is old – We hear Han talking about how Chewbacca is 190 years old. He does look great, especially considering we see him for many years to follow. I wonder how long Wookie’s live to be!
- Chewie’s wife? – It also looks like we might get a glimpse of Chewbacca’s wife, Mallatobuck. If you didn’t know Chewie had a wife you should Google the Star Wars Christmas special…or maybe skip it, and I’ll tell you he has a family and we call it even. You can see Chewie hugging another Wookie in the preview which is what made me think of her.
- New droid – We have a new spunky droid named L3-37. I love a good droid because even the beeps and boops can add character to a scene. Not only do we have a droid but she is played by a female which is a nice change to the world of Star Wars droids.
- Lando Calrissian – Not just a new friend, we will get to see Donald Glover ROCK IT as Lando Calrissian the notorious gambler and smuggler. Apparently, everything you’ve heard about Lando is true.
- Millenium Falcon – Han won the Millennium Falcon from Lando in a card game named sabacc, and it looks like we will get to see that game in the movie. I love that we are going to get to see the Millenium Falcon in its prime, clean and nearly shiny and new!
- Western / Heist movie – We know the film will have a Western feel to it and of course a heist film because we all know that’s what Han does best (well soon to do best). We so a showdown pose.
- May 25th – Solo: A Star Wars Story debuts on the 41st anniversary of Star Wars: A New Hope when Han Solo’s character was first introduced to the world!
My thoughts about the trailer:
When Tobias Beckett, played by Woody Harrelson says, “Assume everyone will betray you, and you will never be disappointed,” and then cut to Qi’Ra played by Emilia Clarke wearing an ominous red and black outfit fit for a rich Imperial supporter, I had a bad feeling about her. As we saw in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, wealth in the galaxy is generally obtained by aiding the war.
Donald Glover is the PERFECT Lando, and I can’t wait to see him and all his swagger.
Who else is looking forward to seeing Solo: A Star Wars Story!?