This post brought to you by Breyers Gelato Indulgences . All opinions are 100% mine.
Date night gets harder when you become a parent so it's a good idea to come up with fun date nights that you can have at home after your kids are in bed or maybe they stayed the night at a friends house. They can also be a great way to save money. Here are some fun date night ideas that you can do at home that will be fun and cheap. I think the important thing to remember here is that you are trying to break the daily routine and spend quality time with your partner. That means putting away the cell phones, tablets and computers and having a conversation.
- Drive in movie – Take your laptop out into the car, push back the seats (or climb in the back) and open up the windows to enjoy the fresh air. Enjoy a movie while you eat your treats. It seems silly but it makes for a good laugh and a new setting to do something together. Climb on the top of your car and watch the stars in the sky afterwards and just talk.
- Italiano fine dining – Go full Italiano with a big four course meal. Make my awesome meatball recipe and enjoy the candlelight together in your dinning room. Then for dessert you can break out the Breyers Gelato Indulgences. Scoop it into cones or a cup and take a stroll in your neighborhood. I bet you can even fine some great Italian music to play on your phone to set the mood.
- Star gazing and al fresco dinning – Build a bonfire in the back yard and grill out. Enjoy the fresh air and catch lightening bugs. Bring out the tent and camp in your backyard, if your baby monitor reaches it could make for an interesting evening! Just make sure you set your alarm to go inside before your kids wake up so that they don't panic when they sneak into your bed in the morning and you aren't there.
- Cooking fondue together – My husband and I love cooking and we love fondue so we invested in a fondue set so that we enjoy our favorite cuisine on special occasions at home for a special date night. We do a full four course meal with the fondue also just like if we had gone to The Melting Pot but without the cost.
- Movie night on the couch – The tried and true perfect date night. Eating Breyers Gelato Indulgences and some popcorn together on the couch watching a movie we rented. The kids are asleep and the phones and laptops are put away so that you can focus on the date and spooning.
I'm not going to lie, Breyer's Gelato Indulgences are our guilty pleasure that we hide from our kids and eat after they go to bed. It hides in the back of my freezer so my kids can't see it. The Triple Chocolate one is our favorite because it has milk and dark chocolate gelato with white chocolate sauce and crunchy chocolate curls on top. Is your mouth watering yet. Mine is just thinking about it.
What are some of the unique ways that you enjoy date night at home?