The Disney Wish joins the Disney Cruise fleet for its maiden voyage on June 9, 2022, and it ups the game on cruise ships with some EARresistible new options. There are so many to list, but I’m going to share some of the highlights that I’m most excited to experience on the Disney Wish.
Captain Minnie Mouse is taking the helm on the new Disney Wish. Talk about some awesome girl power there!
“Daring to dream even bigger, our Imagineers are creating a breathtaking new world of enchantment aboard the Disney Wish. This motif provides the perfect platform to infuse Disney storytelling into every aspect of the design, giving the Disney Wish its own unique personality and a completely new look unlike anything else at sea.”Laura Cabo, portfolio creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering
At the top of my list is the amazing new Star Wars Hyperspace Lounge. Taking a page from the new Space 220 and the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience, guests will have a screen as a window to make it feel like you are in space.
- Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge – For the first time on a Disney ship, guests will embark on a space-jumping tour of the Star Wars galaxy at Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge, a high-end bar styled as a luxurious yacht-class spaceship. This richly themed, immersive experience will be reserved for adults every evening, offering interactive tasting experiences and signature beverages inspired by destinations such as Batuu, Tatooine, and Mustafar.
2. AquaMouse – The opening tunnel reminds me of the updated Incredicoaster from Pixar Pier at Disney’s California Adventure. It’s an interactive tunnel complete with show scenes from “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” animated shorts, lighting, and special effects before the ride dives down into a wild ride. You’ll zig, zag, and zoom through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks.
I’m a sucker for character dining experiences, so I’m excited to see that the new “Frozen” themed dinner will include characters walking around the dining room.
3. Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure is Disney’s first “Frozen”-themed theatrical dining experience that will bring the world of Arendelle to life through immersive live entertainment — featuring favorite characters like Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf — and world-class cuisine infused with Nordic influences.
4. Worlds of Marvel is the first-ever Marvel cinematic dining adventure, where guests will play an interactive role in an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around them, complete with a worldly menu inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Maybe Thor will bring me my coffee. I’ll make sure to set it on the table lightly instead of throwing it on the floor and demanding more.
The on-board kids clubs are some of the coolest in the galaxy!
5. Marvel Super Hero Academy is a high-tech Avengers headquarters where young “recruits” will train to be the next generation of Super Heroes with the help of their own heroes, like Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man, and the Wasp.
I wonder if I pretend to be a pre-teen if they will let me into this next one. My kids were already asking if they get to work on Disney animatronics and simulators!
6. Walt Disney Imagineering Lab is a first-of-its-kind opportunity for kids to discover the secrets of world-renowned Disney Imagineers — the creative masterminds behind Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruise ships — with hands-on activities and inventive experiments.
I may not be able to afford this next experience, but the thought of staying in the Disney Wish Tower Suite is so amazing.
7. Wish Tower Suite, Princess Suites, and Premium Concierge Staterooms – The Wish Tower Suite, a first-of-its-kind accommodation set high in the forward funnel of the Disney Wish, will be Disney Cruise Line’s most unique suite yet. With an elegant design inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Moana,” incomparable ocean views, and premium Disney service, this 1,966-square-foot penthouse in the sky will be a celebration of the enchantment and spirit of the sea.
The Disney Wish will elevate the concierge experience with more than double the number of premium concierge staterooms and suites, including Disney’s first-ever staterooms located above the bridge, boasting floor-to-ceiling windows that reveal breathtaking ocean views overlooking the bow of the ship. An exclusive lounge with a private sun deck will be the perfect place for concierge guests to relax, sip a cocktail and enjoy a premium level of dedicated service throughout the voyage.
Disney Wish itineraries
The Disney Wish itinerary is now live. Booking starts May 17th for Castaway Cay members and May 27th for the general public. Sailing to Nassau, Bahamas and Disney Castaway Cay.
June 9-14, 22 – Disney Wish Maiden Voyage: 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
The Disney Wish is the first of three new Disney Cruise Line ships to be built at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Germany through 2025. All three ships will be powered by liquefied natural gas and, at approximately 144,000 gross tons, will be slightly larger than the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com.