Bob Iger shared more details about Disney+ including new Marvel shows and pricing information at an investor meeting this week. The entertainment world just got a little excited. Here are all the details you want to know about Disney+ including pricing, launch date, and details about the amazing Disney+ original content that is in the works!
Disney+ Launch Date and Pricing
The new Disney+ streaming service will launch on November 12, 2019, and will cost $6.99 a month or $69.99 ($5.83/mo) for the year. During the presentation, they described the service as “ad-free” which makes the news even more exciting. Fans were thinking the service would be much higher and rival other streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, now they are expressing their joy for the pricing on social media.
You can visit DisneyPlus.com to register your email and receive updates on the service. Maybe they will offer a nice discount for the first subscribers like DC Universe did for their service.
One cool feature of Disney+ movies being offered on the platform is that you can watch the bonus features like they offer with the digital or Blu-ray releases. The platform will have profiles that you can program as a kids or adult profile that will filter the content to be age appropriate.
There is no Disney Vault anymore, the classics are going to be available on day one of launch.
There will be over 7,500 past episodes on air and off air shows from the vast library of Disney and Fox properties. With 500+ movie titles to share as well. By year five of the platform Disney plans to have over 10,000 shows and over 620 movies.
New Shows Coming to Disney+
One of the most exciting announcements about Disney+ isn't that all the Disney Movies will be available to watch, even though considered “in the vault,” but that Walt Disney Studios has plans to create original programming from all of the Disney properties. Disney+ will release more than 25 original episodic series and 10 original films, documentaries, and specials by some of the industry’s most prolific and creative storytellers. By year five there will be over 50 new original series on the platform.
Star Wars Shows
- The Mandalorian – Jon Favreau is the executive producer and writer of “The Mandalorian.” The world’s first scripted live-action Star Wars series. More details on this show can be found here.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars the new season will be available exclusively on Disney+
- The untitled Cassian Andor series starring and executive producer Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk reprising his role as K-2SO.
Marvel Studios Shows
- Loki – starring Tom Hiddleston
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier live-action series with Anthony Mackie returning as Falcon and Sebastian Stan reprising his role as Winter Soldier.
- WandaVision live-action series with Elizabeth Olsen returning as Wanda Maximoff and Paul Bettany reprising his role as The Vision.
- Marvel’s What If…?, the first animated series from Marvel Studios, taking inspiration from the comic books of the same name. Each episode will explore a pivotal moment from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and turn it on its head, leading the audience into uncharted territory. The first episode will feature Peggy Carter as the super soldier Captain Marvel and Steve Rogers stayed a scrawny kid who uses a special suit built by Howard Stark.
- Marvels 616 – is an anthological documentary series exploring the intersection between Marvel’s rich legacy of stories, characters and creators and the world outside your window. Told through the lens of a diverse group of filmmakers, each documentary will dive into the rich historical, cultural and societal context that has become inseparable from stories of the Marvel Universe.
- Marvel's Hero Project – reveals the remarkable, positive change several young heroes are making in their own communities. These inspiring kids have dedicated their lives to selfless acts of bravery and kindness, and now, Marvel celebrates them as the true Super Heroes they are.
Pixar Animation Studios Shows
- Forky Asks a Question – animated short series
- Lamp Life – short film about Bo Peep and the time between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 4 when Bo Peep's lamp was given away.
- Monsters at Work – Billy Crystal and John Goodman will reprise their roles as Mike and Sulley.
Walt Disney Animation Studios shows and films
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2 – documentary series showing the hard work and imagination that go into making one of the most highly-anticipated Walt Disney Animation Studios features. Cameras followed the production of Frozen 2 to give a huge behind the scenes look at making the new film.
Disney Television Animation Shows and Films
- The Phineas and Ferb Movie: Candice Against the Universe (working title) animated film featuring many of the original voice cast. Candice is abducted by space aliens, Phineas and Ferb need to prove their love and admiration for their sister and they set in motion a giant plan to rescue her.
- Diary of a Female President
- Lady and the Tramp – live action of the cutest pups! Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux who voice the pups!
- Noelle – Is starring Anna Kendrick. Noelle is the daughter of Santa. Her brother Nick is next in the line to become Santa but when Nick goes missing it's up to Noelle to leave the North Pole and head to the real world to track him down.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series – A story about the kids at East High School, the school where the High School Musical movies were was filmed who end up as stars of that school's production of High School Musical: The Musical. You get a blend of the original songs and new songs throughout the series.
- Togo – Based on a true-life adventure in the Alaskan tundra. The story takes place in 1925 when an epidemic of diphtheria breaks out in a remote Alaskan town, causing countless children to fall gravely ill. The necessary antitoxin is hundreds of miles away across treacherous terrain with a massive storm on the horizon. As the crisis grows more desperate, the village leaders realize their only hope lies with one man, Leonhard Seppala played by William Defoe and his lead sled dog Togo.
- Timmy Failure –Based on the book series. Helmed by Tom McCarthy. Timmy, a corky deadpan hero and who along with his 1,500-pound polar bear partner, Total, operates Total Failure Inc. A world-class detective agency, at least in Timmy's mind.
- Stargirl – Based on the New York Times best-selling young adult novel of the same name. This teen coming of age story is about Leo Borlock, an average 16-year-old who is content to fly under the radar until an offbeat, unconventional new student named Stargirl shows up at his high school turning his and everyone else's world upside down forever changing the way they see themselves and each other. Grace Vanderwaal, winner of America's Got Talent will play Stargirl.
- Be Our Chief
- Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title)
- Earthkeepers (working title)
- Encore! Executive produces by Kristen Bell. An unscripted musical series where she helps to reunite old classmates back on their high school stage.
- Untitled Walt Disney Imagineering documentary series – The series will feature exclusive interviews and never before seen footage Disney's Parks from around the world.
- Rogue Trip – Bob Woodruff and his 27-year-old son, Mack, take fans to all the places the average tourist wouldn’t typically visit—frequently overlooked (and even misunderstood) destinations whose hidden corners surprise, amaze, and inspire. It’s the family vacation most of us are unlikely to take—but now is our chance to venture to these amazing locales via Disney+.
- Shop Class – Youthful ingenuity is on display in this new competition series that features teams of inventive students tasked with designing, building, and testing new contraptions to vie for the title of Shop Class Champs. In each episode, they’ll present their work to a panel of experts who will rate their projects based on engineering, design, and the final test of the build.
- (Re)Connect – Every episode of (Re)Connect focuses on one family with a modern-day, relatable issue that’s driving a wedge between them. Issues range from workaholic parents, overly competitive siblings, technology addiction, or a family secret that has recently been revealed.All of these families have reached a breaking point, and it’s time for them to disconnect from their busy lives, devices, and outside influences in order to address their issues head-on.With the help of a specialized expert, each family will go on a unique journey that organically ties to the issues they are facing in order to confront the family’s dilemma.Can they finally come together as a family to overcome their obstacles… and reconnect? Real-life husband and wife Mark Consuelos and Kelly Ripa are among the producers of this compelling new series.
National Geographic shows and films
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum – documentary series where Jeff pulls back the curtain on a seemingly familiar object like speakers or ice cream, to reveal a world of astonishing connections, fascinating science, little known history, amazing people, and a whole lot of big ideas.
- Magic of the Animal Kingdom – documentary series which takes viewers behind the scenes with the highly respected animal-care experts, veterinarians, and biologists at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase aquarium. From the miracle of birth to the heroic effort to rehabilitate injured species to the work being done around the world to protect wildlife. The show will bring to life the wonders of this wild and often exotic world and shine a spotlight on the unsung Disney Cast Members that dedicate their lives to these animals.
- The Simpsons – all 30 seasons
- The Sound of Music
- The Princess Bride
- Malcolm in the Middle
- This content will join an impressive collection of more than 7,500 television episodes and 500 films including blockbuster hits from 2019 and beyond.
Devices you can stream Disney+ on
The Disney+ team is actively seeking to share the platform on the following devices.
- Smart TVs
- Roku – Confirmed
- PlayStation – Confirmed
- Nintendo Switch
- Apple TV
- Computers – Through the website
- Smartphones – Through an app
- Tablets – Through an app
From Disney+ Launching in late 2019, Disney+ will be the ultimate streaming destination for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. From The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney+ will offer ad-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content, along with unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment. The service will also be the exclusive streaming home for films released by The Walt Disney Studios in 2019 and beyond, including “Captain Marvel,” “Avengers: Endgame,” “Aladdin,” “Toy Story 4,” “The Lion King,” “Frozen 2,”and “Star Wars: Episode IX.”