Banana Crunch Popsicles are super simple to make and get kids excited to eat healthier snacks. You can find other great recipes like this from Produce for Kids.
Produce for Kids is partnering with Publix again to help raise awareness about healthy eating as well as raising money for local food banks. From June 2 to June 29, the below products at Publix super markets will benefit local Feeding America food bank programs*. Through partnerships with Produce for Kids, Publix and select fruit and vegetable companies have raised more than $2.7 million to benefit children's charities. Last year's campaign raised more than $206,000, which supplied 2,275,295 meals to families in need through Feeding America.
Look for special signs in the produce section with the Produce for Kids and Feeding America logos on them.
Some of the brands include:
- Avocados from Mexico
- BUDDY FRUITS
- Coast Tropical Florida
- Crunch Pak
- Del Monte
- Fresh Express Salads
- HMC Farms
- Brandt Farms
- J&D Produce “Little Bear”
- Shuman Produce
- Marie's Dressing
- Wonderful Pistachios
Visit ProduceForKids.com for more than 200 registered dietitian-approved and family-tested recipes, meal planning tools, grocery store specific campaign details, and healthy tips from real parents. Follow Produce For Kids on Instagram and Twitter.
You'll find great recipes like this Banana Crunch Popsicles!
What you will need
- 2 bananas cut in half
- 1/4 cup Wonderful® pistachios chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup lowfat Stonyfield Greek vanilla yogurt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix pistachios and coconut in shallow bowl.
- Insert popsicle stick into each half of banana, roll in Greek yogurt then in pistachio/coconut mixture.
- Place coated bananas on the baking sheet. Freeze for two hours or until firm.