Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are one of my major weaknesses. This recipe cuts out a lot of the fat by baking and served in a smaller portion, making it a better for you version of a favorite. I’ll be making these for Super Bowl Sunday. Paired with a bold Lite Ranch dressing or Lite Blue Cheese, it’s a touchdown. You can make this recipe with ingredients that you probably already have around your house. It’s simple and everyone is sure to enjoy them during the big game.
Let’s get started making this yummy sliders.
This post is part of the blogger program by Naturally Fresh® and The Motherhood, who compensated me for my time and the development of this recipe. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
I started by cutting the chicken breasts in half and then again through the middle to make the filets less thick and yield more sliders. Place the chicken into a gallon ziplock bag.
Pour 1/2 cup of Naturally Fresh® Lite Ranch into the bag with the chicken. Make sure they are coated with the Lite Ranch. Then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Mix panko, breadcrumbs and garlic powder in a bowl. Coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mixture and then place on a prepared baking sheet. Use a cooling rack on top of a regular baking sheet so that the breadcrumbs are equally cooked and golden brown.
Heat your buffalo hot sauce in a frying pan on medium heat. Place the baked chicken in the buffalo sauce coating each side. Place back on the rack and cover with a slice of cheese so that it can melt slightly.
Place a piece of chicken on a hawaiian sweet roll and top with Naturally Fresh® Lite Ranch dressing. I love using Naturally Fresh® because it uses nonfat buttermilk and has half the calories as the original but still tastes just as good. Naturally Fresh® is a line of high-quality, homemade-tasting salad dressings and dips with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. We have been steering clear of artificial preservatives and artificial colors and flavors for a long time now.
These sliders are a hit and go great with a side of carrots and celery. I started dunking my sliders into the Lite Ranch.
By cutting out the fat in this recipe and using a dressing with no artificial additives, I feel better about eating them with my family. Personally, I think these taste ten times better than the fried version anyways. My husband has already requested that I make them again when his buddies come over. He even asked for a spicier sauce.
You can find Naturally Fresh® in your local Kroger and Publix stores. It is located in the refrigerated / produce section.
Want to try Naturally Fresh for FREE? Leave a comment below and I’ll pick 5 winners to receive a coupon good for a free bottle of Naturally Fresh.
If you enjoyed this recipe please make sure to Pin it on Pinterest for others to enjoy.
Related Recipe: Buffalo & BBQ Cauliflower Bites with Zucchini Fries
What you will need
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Naturally Fresh Lite Ranch
- 3 3/4 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cups plain bread crumbs
- dash of salt
- dash of garlic powder
- Colby Jack cheese sliced
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Cut chicken breast in half and then again down the center to make 4 filets
- Place chicken into a ziplock bag with 1/2 cup of Lite Ranch dressing, coating it completely. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare baking sheet with cooling rack on top.
- Mix panko, breadcrumbs, salt and garlic powder together in a bowl.
- Dip and coat chicken in the panko mixture, placing it on the cooling rack.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Heat buffalo wing sauce in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Dip and coat chicken in hot sauce and place back on cooling rack.
- Place a slice of colby jack cheese on the chicken so that it started to melt.
- Place buffalo chicken onto hawaiian roll and top with Lite Ranch dressing.
- Enjoy immediately