Bring Black Panther home and have an epic viewing party with this Black Panther and Killmonger themed popcorn. We also have a fun printable to play Black Panther Movie Bingo while you watch.
Scroll to the bottom for the Black Panther Movie Bingo Printable and enter to win a copy of Black Panther.
Black and Purple candy melts and metallic sprinkles are all you need for this easy popcorn.
I recently got the Wilton Candy Melting Pot at Michaels because they have a Wilton exclusive that comes with an extra two color melting pot. If you use candy melts a lot, it is a must-have. The double boiler part of the pot is silicone and when it cools you can just pop out the leftover candy to use later. It's super handy and the clean up is a breeze. I popped some popcorn in my collapsible air popper. This makes it plain with no added salts or butter to the popcorn. While that was popping I melted the “black” candy melts.
I saw “black” because they are really more of a dark purple color. I also coat the popcorn in smaller batches to make sure I coat them all the way without creating clumps of popcorn. Make sure to spread it all out on a piece of parchment paper so that it doesn't all stick together. While the candy is hardening, add your metallic sprinkles so that they will stick to the popcorn. For the Erik Killmonger popcorn, I just added gold nonpareils they also make gold sequin sized sprinkles that would cute as well. This is to make it look like the Black Panther outfit that he wears in the movie. For the Ta'Challa Black Panther popcorn, I added silver nonpareils and purple candy melts in a disposable piping bag. You can heat a small number of candy melts in these bags and save them for later. It's less wasteful and saves you some money. While you watch the movie you can switch back and forth between the two popcorns. They both taste the same though. Just a fun way to get pumped for the movie!
This popcorn is so good. The kids devoured it as soon as it hit the table. They loved the cool colors too.
- Black Candy Melts
- Purple Candy Melts
- Silver Nonpareils
- Gold Nonpareils
- Plain Unflavored Popcorn
- Pop popcorn and place about ⅓ of it into a separate bowl.
- Melt black candy melts according to package instructions.
- Spoon black candy melt over popcorn and gently toss to coat. Do this in small batches to make sure you coat all of the popcorn.
- Place the candy-coated popcorn on a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or wax paper).
- Sprinkle nonpareils over sections of the popcorn.
- For the purple candy, melt in a piping bag and drizzles over the popcorn.
- Along to cool until the candy coating has hardened. You can also place in the fridge for faster cooling.