Wake up, homegirl! When Jodan Sanders was a little girl, she was bullied for being the smart kid, now that she is grown, she does the bulling of everyone around her. She's about to get a taste of her own karma in a twist on the “body swap” comedy in LITTLE.
Regina Hall (Girls Trip, “Black Monday”) and Marsai Martin (Black-ish) both star as Jordan Sanders — Hall as the take-no-prisoners tech mogul adult version of Jordan and Martin as the 13-year-old version of her who wakes up in her adult self’s penthouse just before a do-or-die presentation. Issa Rae (“Insecure,” The Hate You Give) plays Jordan’s long-suffering assistant April. Using heart and humor, LITTLE teaches us to not shy away but to celebrate the greatest and most authentic versions of ourselves.
Win a copy of LITTLE at the bottom of this post!
Marsai Martin is the mastermind behind this story. When she was growing up, her mom's favorite movie was BIG with Tom Hanks, so she wanted to do a reverse story similar to that with a modern twist.
They take Black Girl Magic to a new level with a diverse cast and crew behind the scenes.
“There are black girls in this world doing incredible things like Marsai Martin herself,” Director Tina Gordan says. “She embodies black girl magic.”
“From the perspective of a young black girl, which I talked about growing up,” Rae says. “All I had was Crooklyn and that was the first young black girl lead I had seen in a movie before. I think she [Marsai] is carrying the torch with Wrinkle in Time and Black Panther, but for that, it's such a milestone for me. To think about all the young black girls who are going to see her and young girls in general that will say, ‘oh, I can do it because she did it.'”
There are great themes of female empowerment, friendship, and staying true to yourself.
Martin and Rae are a treat to watch. They are both so witty and fun and their chemistry on-screen is wonderful.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAYTM, DVD and digital:
- Gag Reel
- More Than a LITTLE Talent – A behind-the-scenes look at the dream cast that brings Black Girl Magic to the silver screen.
- Regina Goes Method – A look at Regina Hall’s unique approach to playing the character of Jordan Sanders.
- Marsai Martin Presents… – Journey with Marai Martin as she tours around the set interviewing the filmmakers and crew.
- Black Momma Whuppin’ Situation – Go behind-the-scenes of the hilarious parking lot fight with Issa Rae and Marsai Martin.
- Issa Rae’s Assistant Survival Guide – Issa Rae shares tips for surviving a boss from hell.
LITTLE will be available on Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-rayTM delivers a pristine HD picture and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.
Enter to win!
Winner will receive a Blu-ray/DVD copy of LITTLE
a Rafflecopter giveaway