Make this tasty Butterscotch Pecan Toffee Crunch for your next holiday gifting or gathering. Toffee is one of my favorite treats to make for others during the holidays. It is pretty simple to make also. I say for others because if I don’t give it away I end up eating all of it by myself.
During the holidays I like making treats for our neighbors and coworkers. It’s the one time I get to make all the sweet treats. You can make a huge batch of toffee and break it up and give it to lots of people. It also gives you a chance to make a variety of snacks if that is what you like to do. I know giving people options makes my treats more memorable. I know some people don't like butterscotch, which seems absurd, but I digress. This Butterscotch Pecan Toffee Crunch is sure to please!
When I make toffee I like to use a heavy bottom pot like an aluminum saucepan. These pots are just great for heating candy. I also suggest a candy thermometer that you can clip to the side of your pot. Once you get your toffee to the proper temperature (and it is important because it won't break apart with a crunch if it isn't) pour it into your prepared baking sheet with the pecans. Once it hardens a little you can place the butterscotch morsels on the top to start to melt. Don't spread them out until you see they are good an melted from the heat of the toffee. After you spread the butterscotch top it with more pecans.
Let the toffee cool completely before breaking into pieces of crunchy goodness.
BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN TOFFEE CRUNCHPrint Pin Rate
- 1 c butterscotch chips
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 ½ c pecans
- 1 c butter
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the pecans on the bottom of an 8 x 8 greased dish
- In a pot, begin to melt the butter and the brown sugar together over med-high heat. Once it begins to boil, begin timing it for 7 minutes. (See notes section if you own a candy thermometer)
- After 7 minutes, remove from the heat and pour over the top of the pecans.
- After smoothing it over on the top with a spatula, sprinkle the butterscotch chips over the top of the toffee. Wait a few minutes and the heat from the toffee will melt the chips. Spread smooth
- Sprinkle with the remaining pecans and let cool completely before cracking it into pieces to serve.