These red, white, and blue donuts are perfect for a star-spangled celebration. Add in some gold stars and you have the perfect Captain Marvel donuts! You can’t go wrong with colored donuts. They are so easy to make and kids love making them. They make any breakfast or themed party fun. These are are the perfect patriotic star donuts!
Captain Marvel is in theaters now and we can’t get enough of Carol Danvers. Read our Captain Marvel movie review.
You may also like: Captain Marvel Food and Drink Recipes
Break out the sprinkles and let’s get baking!
What you will need
Captain Marvel Sprinkles:
- 2 Red and 2 Blue Nonpareils and Sprinkle Jimmies 4 packets total
- 2 packets of gold star sprinkles
- 1 bowl to mix everything in
- 2 2/3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 large egg room temp
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- Red and Navy Blue food coloring
- Captain Marvel Sprinkles
Donut icing ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a baking spray to prep your doughnut pan.
- Set the pan to the side.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the whole milk, sour cream, and eggs into a separate bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla
- Gradually whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined
- Divide the batter into two bowls
- Add a few drops of the red gel coloring into one bowl and mix until combined
- Add a few drops of the navy blue gel coloring into the second bowl and mix until combined
- Scoop 1 batter into a disposable piping bag and the other batter into another piping bag
- Pipe one color on one side of the donut shape cavity and the other color on the other side
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a stand mixer, using the water to adjust for desired consistency.
- Dip donuts into the icing and place onto a wire rack
- Sprinkle some sprinkles onto the donuts
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes before enjoying!
Make your own Captain Marvel Jewelry!