The cutest Wookie Cookie you’ve ever seen! These sugar cookies are decorated to look like Chewbacca from Star Wars. Chewbacca Cookies are the perfect treat for any Star Wars gathering.
Probably the oldest character in Star Wars, Chewbacca is the Wookie we can’t get enough of in the Star Wars franchise. We didn’t realize just how old Chewbacca was until we got to see him in action in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Solo is available on digital September 14 and Blu-ray™ on September 25. Enter to win a copy at the bottom of this post.
Here are the bonus features you’ll find on Solo (may vary by retailer):
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures, and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso – Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Time to make some Wookie Cookies!
After you’ve made your sugar cookies, it’s time to using icing to make them look like Chewbacca and his crossbody ammo holder. You’ll use the edible marker to mark the belt outline. The light brown icing will act as the “hair” and the dark brown will be the belt. Finish it up with the white dots.
What you will need
- 1 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 1/2 Cup powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 medium circle cookie cutter
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg together until creamy and combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined and a dough forms
- Once the dough is formed, sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of flour onto a cutting board and place the dough onto the cutting board.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the cookie dough and roll out the dough to about 2 inches thick
- Cut out your cookies and place onto the cookie sheet
- Bake your cookies for about 8-10 minutes
- Let them cool completely
Royal icing directions:
- Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, powder sugar and vanilla and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form
- Split the icing into 3 bowls
- In one bowl add a few drops of brown gel food coloring to get a light brown color
- In the second bowl add a few plus more drops of brown gel food coloring to get a darker brown color
- Leave the third bowl white
- Cut the tips off the piping bags and place a tip into each bag.
- Using the bag with the number 14 tip, scoop the light brown icing into it and set aside
- Scoop the darker brown icing into a piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip, set aside
- Scoop the white icing into the last piping bag fitted with the last number 2 tip set aside
- Using the edible marker, pipe a long rectangle from the top right corner to the bottom left corner. This is Chewbacca's belt
- Using the light brown icing, pipe around the belt
- Using the dark brown icing, pipe lines along the edge of the belt and fill it in
- Using the white icing, add dots onto the belt
- Let icing completely dry for about 2 hours before enjoying!