Scones are the special pastry that I treat myself to occasionally at Starbucks when I’m working. There is something about them. It’s like eating sweet bread that you don’t have to wait long for. They are the perfect compliment to coffee and tea.
I’ve never made scones before so I was surprised at how simple it was. This recipe makes 8 scones so they will make a great dish for our Easter breakfast.
Mix all your dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a medium bowl mix yogurt and egg together. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry then add chocolate and coconut until fully incorporated.
Knead the dough into a ball and press into a disk. Cut the dough with a pizza cutter and place onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown along the edges. Remove from the baking sheet and cool on a cooling rack.
Enjoy this special treat!
Looking for more Easter treats and ideas?
What you will need
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup very cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 container of Stonyfield Chocolate Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 bar Lindt CLASSIC RECIPE Milk Chocolate chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cover a cookie sheet with nonstick spray, parchment paper or nonstick pad.
- Chop Lindt Chocolate bar into small chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tarter, salt).
- Cut in butter, using a pastry cutter or fork until the butter is the size of peas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and yogurt.
- Add to the dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add coconut and chocolate.
- Turn dough out onto floured cutting board. Knead a few times to bring the dough together, and shape into a ball. Gently press down to make the dough into a disc, approximately 8-9" in diameter.
- Use a pizza cutter into eight triangles.
- Transfer scones to the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space about 2" apart
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While the scones are cooling, make the glaze by whisking all ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over completely-cooled scones just before serving and allow the glaze to dry slightly before serving.