Looking for an adult treat to bring to the holiday Christmas party? Then you are going to love these boozy Christmas chocolate rum truffles. Made with spiced rum to satisfy your holiday cravings.
These truffles are super easy to make, you just need to give them some time to set in the refrigerator. You can decorate them in all kinds of colors but for this recipe, we made them holiday themed. All you have to do is melt and mix everything together and chill for three hours. Then you roll them into balls and cover with sprinkles.
I always love it when you can get a treat that has an adult twist on it. Truffles are always a safe bet. After the truffles set you and package them up and give them away to friends and neighbors, just make sure you leave a tag that they are for adults only.
Can we talk about how fast this year went by? It's hard to believe that I'm already wrapping presents and making Christmas recipes. Either way. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
What you will need
- 3 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp spiced rum
- 1 C Christmas red green and white nonpareils
- Using a double boiler, combine all ingredients except the sprinkles and mix until smooth
- Scoop truffle into a bowl and place into the fridge for 3 hours
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some truffle and roll into a ball in your hands
- Pour sprinkles into a bowl and roll the truffle into the sprinkles until fully coated
- Place onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with remaining truffles