A Lion King inspired drink perfect for any gathering. This layered Circle of Life punch is a tropical explosion in your mouth and looks like the sunrise.
?‘Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba Sithi uhm ingonyama!? Hopefully, you read that picturing the sunrise on pride rock to welcome Simba to the world.
I'm a sucker for a themed drink and this one does not disappoint. While you could mix this punch in a bowl, it looks way cooler layered in a glass. The pomegranate juice sinks to the bottom of the drink and the mango passion fruit juice floats to the top. My girl liked making this one. Garnish your Lion King mocktail with a blood orange to look like the big sun rising over the glass.
You can also make this drink into a tasty Lion King cocktail with the addition of 1-2 ounces of vodka and lower the lemon-lime by one ounce.
What you will need
- 3 oz Lemon-Lime Soda
- 2 oz Mango Passion Fruit Juice
- 1 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 1 slice Blood Orange
- Pour lemon-lime soda over ice.
- Pour mango passion fruit juice into the glass.
- Use a spoon to pour pomegranate juice onto the side of the glass. It will sink under the mango passionfruit juice.
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange.
THE LION KING is available on Digital October 11 and on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD October 22 from Walt Disney Studios.
- Pride Lands Pedia —Dung beetle shares the importance of his “roll” in the African Savanna in a fun, bug’s eye view of the land and its inhabitants.
- The Journey to “The Lion King”
- The Music – Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic – Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale – Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
- More to Be Scene – Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life” – Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” – See all the effects, talent and fun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movie
- “Hakuna Matata” – Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- Music Videos
- “Never Too Late” (lyric video) by Elton John
- “Spirit” performed by Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
- Filmmaker Introduction
- Audio Commentary – By Director Jon Favreau.
- Song Selection
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- “Never Too Late”
- Protect the Pride –Director Jon Favreau, the Lion Recovery Fund and conservationists highlight efforts to protect the majestic lions and their home.