If there is one snack at Disneyland that everyone told me to try, it's the Tigger Tails from Pooh's Corner. They are quite the treat and I wanted to share them with you! Pooh's Corner is FILLED with sweet treats but there is something about the Tigger Tails that gets me. These Copycat Tigger Tails are a fun treat for any Tigger lover and great for Winnie the Pooh themed parties. They are so easy to make and taste great!
Winnie the Pooh is one of my favorite stories and the new movie, Christopher Robin is going to be truly amazing. Every time I see a trailer or featurette, I cry. Joyful tears because Pooh was such a big part of my childhood. In Disney’s heartwarming live-action adventure, the young boy who shared countless adventures with his stuffed animal friends in the Hundred Acre Wood has grown up and lost sight of what’s important in life. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and help Christopher Robin rediscover the joys of family life, the value of friendship and to appreciate the simple pleasure in life once again.
Christopher Robin is in theatres August 3rd. Get your tickets now!
It is also equally hard to decide who is my favorite Winnie the Pooh character. My mom used to get me an Eeyore on each holiday. I had so many as a kid. Pooh is just a silly old bear and Tigger was the comic relief that we always needed. These Tigger Tails are perfect for the Winnie the Pooh lover in your house! The animation for the stuffed animals is glorious and I can't wait to see them on screen.
Wrapped in caramel and chocolate goodness! Make sure to get the longer treat sticks so you can fit a few marshmallows on the stick. Dip the marshmallows into the melted caramel making sure to let all of the excess fall back into the bowl. Place on a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper and allow the caramel to harden. I like to use the Wilton Candy Melting Pot for candy melts. They never burn and are the perfect texture.
To make the Tigger Tails like the Disneyland version, you can sprinkle them with orange sugar after they are dipped in the orange candy melts. Let them dry completely before drizzling the chocolate on the Tigger Tails. For this recipe, we skipped that step! Still tasty, less sweet. Drizzle chocolate over the tail to look like stripes. Let them dry completely before enjoying!
Copycat Disneyland Tigger Tails
What you will need
- Using 4-5 of the marshmallows, stack them onto a lollipop stick
- Make about 12 marshmallow sticks
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream and caramels and melt in the microwave in increments of 30-45 seconds until melted and thin
- Dip the marshmallows into the melted caramel and very lightly shake off any excess caramels
- Repeat with remaining marshmallow sticks
- Place the freshly dipped marshmallows onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place into the fridge for 1 hour
- About 10 minutes before the hour is up, melt the candy melts and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl in increments of 45 seconds until completely melted
- Dip the marshmallow sticks into the candy melts and very lightly shake off any excess candy melt
- Once all sticks have been dipped, allow the candy melt to completely harden
- While the candy melts are hardening, melt half the bag of the dark chocolate melting wafers
- Once chocolate is melted, pour into the piping bag
- Cut the tip off the piping bag and drizzle the chocolate onto the Tigger tails
- Allow to dry completely before enjoying!!!