This Cranberry Loaf with Eggnog Icing Recipe combines your favorite holiday flavors in a delicious bread to share at your next gathering.
Every holiday season, my Mom would make the most delicious loaves of bread during the holidays. Banana, pumpkin, and cranberry were some of my favorites. This Cranberry Loaf with Eggnog Icing is perfect for holiday get-togethers or even gifts for your neighbors or coworkers. Because everyone loves a good Christmas bread.
I still request my Mom’s special loaves during family gatherings. I look forward to them all year. Served warm with a little bit of butter on them. Mmmm, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
We use organic ingredients when they are available, so if you can spring for them, do it. One of my go-to ingredients is Bob’s Red Mill. I absolutely love everything in their line. I’ve used the gluten-free blends, and we use the whole wheat flour in nearly all our daily recipes. It is stone ground from organic hard red wheat and has all of the nutritious bran and germ still intact. Nothing is lost in the process of grinding the flour. While the organic line is always GMO-free, the rest of the Bob’s Red Mill is also GMO-free.
Let’s get to making some yummy bread.
In a large bowl, mix the sugar, vanilla, eggnog, oil, and egg together until well incorporated.
Add in cranberries and mix. You can use frozen cranberries that have been thawed, but getting them fresh is much better. They are plumper.
In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well, and in three parts, add to the wet mixture, mixing well between each addition. Mix in the walnuts, reserving ¼ C for garnish.
Pour the dough batter into a 9 x 5 greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bed cool completely before icing it.
Mix the icing sugar, and to begin, one tablespoon of eggnog. If you don’t like the consistency (too thick), stir in ½ tablespoon until you reach the consistency you prefer. Slowly drizzle over the cooled loaf. Garnish with reserved nuts.
Cranberry Loaf with Eggnog Icing
What you will need
- 2 Cup Organic Bob's Red Mill Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- 1 Cup Cranberries fresh, (or thawed), chopped
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Eggnog store bought or homemade
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. Eggnog store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, vanilla, oil and egg together until well incorporated.
- Add in cranberries and mix.
- In another bowl, combine the organic Bob's Red Mill flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and in three parts, add to the wet mixture, mixing well between each addition.
- Mix in the walnuts, reserving ¼ C for garnish.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5 greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool completely
- Mix the icing sugar and to begin, one tablespoon of eggnog. If you don’t like the consistency (too thick), add by ½ tablespoons until you reach the consistency you prefer.
- Slowly drizzle over the cooled loaf.
- Garnish with reserved walnuts.
Looking for more holiday bread recipes? Try this delicious Stollen Bread French Toast.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.