One of my favorite things to eat is a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup. As I got older, I discovered that tomato soup is boring, but chunky, creamy tomato basil was a whole other ball game. When the weather gets cold, it is my go to soup. It has also become my daughter’s favorite lunch at school. I pack it in a thermos for her, and she eats every bite of it. Most lunches come home half eaten. She has told me on countless occasions that her soup is far better than the schools.
Creamy Vegan Tomato Basil Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup vegetable broth
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
15-20 Basil leaves, chopped
1 cup Silk Original Soymilk
1/4 cup Silk Original Creamer
Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
1. Saute garlic in olive oil on medium low heat for 3 minutes
2. In a stockpot, add canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, and basil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to crush tomatoes.
3. (Optional step) If you like your soup a little chunky, use a slotted spoon to take out some of the tomatoes and set them aside.
4. Add in Silk Soymilk and Silk Soy Creamer.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste (and add in the tomatoes you took out)
7. Serve with some fresh basil on top.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WhiteWave Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.