This Deadpool recipe is sure to get any Marvel fan excited. The merc with the mouth is back in Deadpool 2 and to celebrate we made some fun Deadpool Ding Dongs. If anyone deserves to have their face on a ding dong, it’s Deadpool. A fun treat that is easy to make for any Marvel themed parties. Read my full Deadpool 2 review here.
You can find Ding Dongs snack cakes at most major stores. They also make Ding Dong Ice Cream Sandwiches that would be great for this snack.
You can find the icing recipe below. (They also make premade royal icing now that you can purchase if you want a super easy snack.)
Pipe the red icing onto the ding dong snack cake for the outlive of Deadpool’s mask. I like to let the outline layer dry first and then flood the icing into the remaining area to make sure it doesn’t run. Then, you’ll pip the black icing into the middle. Allow all of the icing to dry completely before piping the white eyes.
These Deadpool snack cakes are pretty adorable for such a mouthy Marvel character.
What you will need
- 1 box of chocolate ding dongs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 Cup powder sugar
- 3 disposable piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
- red and black food dye
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Unwrap the chocolate Ding Dong from the wrapper and place onto the cookie sheet
- Using a standing mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form about 7 minutes
- Split icing into 3 bowls
- Mix in the 3-5 drops of red food dye into one bowl and combine until completely red. Add a few more drops of red food dye if the color isn't a dark red.
- Mix in 5 drops of black food dye into the second bowl and combine until the icing is black. Add a few more black food dye drops and mix until you get the shade you want.
- Leave the third bowl white
- Scoop the icing into their own piping bag
- Using the red icing, outline the red detail of Deadpools mask and fill in
- Using the black icing, fill in the spots for Deadpools eyes
- Let dry for an hour before putting on the white for his eyes
- Once dry, pipe on the white part of the mask for Deadpools eyes
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying.