We love having Amazon Prime because we get to watch their great Amazon Prime Instant Video original series. They have a new kids show out called Creative Galaxy and It’s a make-along, create-along, interactive art adventure series for preschoolers. But my big kid loves it too! Like one of our favorite episodes about making bath crayons. So we decided to try our hand at making our own bath crayons at home!
Creative Galaxy is produced by Out of the Blue Enterprises with Angela Santomero (Blue’s Clues, Super Why!), which you can see aspects of the Blue’s Clue world in some of the smaller details. Characters Arty and Epiphany travel around the galaxy to solve problems with art, inspiring creative thinking through crafts, music, and dance. To give kids and parents the real-life tools they need to re-create Arty’s experience, a live-action piece at the end of each animated episode will take viewers through the craft project that Arty showcased in the galaxy. After each episode, my 6-year-old asks me if we can do the project like the kids. It’s such a great show we just love it! So let’s try these homemade bath crayons.
DIY Bath Crayons - Creative Galaxy
What you will need
- A bar of soap
- Food coloring
- Warm water
- Cookie cutters
- First, you need to grate the bar of soap into a bowl.
- Then add 1 1/2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Mix the warm water and grated soap with a fork.
- Add food coloring. We separated the mixture into three bowls so that we could make three different colors. We added at least 4 drops of food coloring to make sure they were dark enough.
- Mix together. If the mixture is too hard to mix with a fork use your hands to knead the mixture together. I also used the back of a spoon to smooth out some of the chunks.
- Place the dough into the cookie cutter. We found that it was easier to place the cookie cutter flat and fill it from the top. Just make sure you place it on waxed paper so that you can easily peel it off when it's dried.
- Leave the crayons out to air dry and harden. We waited overnight.
That’s it! Have fun with your bath crayons. These were super easy and messy to make together and my girls loved this project.
We have plans of doing some other fun projects like making dollhouses out of old cardboard boxes. The make along with concept it one that my kids enjoy and feel like they can be artists also. The characters are bright and colorful and the planets they visit are fun names like Galleria.