Captain Marvel is Earth's Mightiest hero. To celebrate this amazing character and the release of CAPTAIN MARVEL on Digital and Blu-ray, I made some fun Captain Marvel jewelry that you can make at home!
DIY Captain Marvel Jewelry tutorial at the bottom of this post. Grab the image here.
What you will need
- Preheat oven or toaster to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper and set aside.
- Print the Captain Marvel image on the Shrink Film paper. I used my Cricut Maker as a Print and Cut file (Complex settings, see notes for cut settings) You will need to resize and position the image. Just remember that they pieces will shrink to 50% the size.
- Cut the images from the Shrink Film Paper. Punch a hole in the marked area. You MUST do this before baking.
- Place the pieces on your prepared baking sheet. Make sure they are not touching each other and won't if they start to curl.
- Place in the oven for 1-2 minutes. Open to see if your design curled. It it did, take a flat spatula and flatten the design and heat an additional minute.
- Sand any sharp edges or excess plastic from the design. I used a nail file.
- Allow to cool before applying the dimensional magic. Heat will cause it to crack. Flood the medium over the design. Use a toothpick to pop any bubbles and clear the whole so you can put the jump ring on.
- Allow to dry for 24 hours or until the medium is completely hard. You'll be tempted to touch and feel but don't until at least 3 hours. The medium hardens slowly and you will leave fingerprints in the design.
- Once your design is complete use the jump rings to secure your design to the earrings and chain. I used gold to match the star.
- 350 Pressure
- 4x multicut
- More pressure
- Fine point blade