I feel like Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that just get completely overlooked. Christmas decorations come out before Halloween even occurs now. Fall holidays seem to get skipped for the Winter ones. So I’ve partnered with Dixie Crystals Kid’s in the Kitchen to do a fun project with the girls to create a nice fall craft that will go perfectly on our Thanksgiving table. These Fall leaf votives are really pretty to place on the table.
You’ll need to make the sugar paste first, here is what you’ll need.
DIY Fall Leaf VotivesPin
What you will need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
Other supplies you will need
- Small jars recycled baby food jars are great! We used mason jelly jars.
- small craft leaves
- battery operated tea lights
- Wash and dry jars completely. Set aside.
- Make the sugar paste: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and cup of cold water. Add boiling water. Stir to combine and let come to room temperature.
- Make the votives: Brush the sugar paste generously on the inside of the jar.
- Press leaves into the wet glue. Arrange to your liking and sprinkle glitter around the inside. Let dry completely.
- Add tea lights and enjoy the ambiance.