A farmhouse style heart wreath is a super easy Valentine’s decor item you can make to be festive for the holiday. Easy crafts are always my favorite and this one you can find most of the materials right at the dollar store.
Simple and elegant! Let’s get crafting.
Farmhouse Heart Wreath
What you will need
- Foam heart from Dollar Tree
- Striped ribbon or farmhouse style ribbon of your choice
- Jute twine
- Ribbon for hanging purposes
- Glitter optional
- Start off by gluing the twine behind the back of the heart to get things started. You may want to lay down some paper or do this in an area with easy clean up as the glitter does transfer a bit.
- Begin wrapping the twine and pulling tightly around the heart laying each layer side by side to help cover more surface, faster. If some overlaps not to worry, it may happen. I did use the entire spool of twine from the exact spool listed above.
- Once you get to the points of the heart towards the inside and the bottom you may need to start gluing each layer wrapped down to ensure the twine has something to hold onto and doesn’t slip off the foam surface.
- After the heart is completely covered, cut some ribbon of your choice and tie off a cute bow. Cut off some more twine or ribbon and glue to the back of the completed heart creating a hanging string.