Looking for an easy gift idea that your kids can make? Turn those broken crayons into a fun DIY ornament craft that the kids can make.
DIY Melted Crayon Christmas Tree Ornament
- Clear plastic or glass ball ornaments
- Old crayons (labels removed)
- Sheet of paper
- Vegetable peeler
- Hair dryer
- Gather your materials.
- Use the vegetable peeler to peel at least a half tablespoon of crayon shavings in your choice of colors over a sheet of paper.
- Remove the top of the plastic ornament. Roll up the outer edges of the paper and position it with a bottom corner going into the ornament - creating a paper funnel. Tap the paper a few times to get the wax shavings to fall into the ornament. Place the top back on the ornament.
- Use a hair dryer on the lowest setting to melt the wax shavings. Continue to turn the ornament as you blow dry the outside, so the shavings evenly melt around the inside of the bulb.
- Add a ribbon or ornament hook to the top and hang on your Christmas tree or give as a beautiful handmade gift!