It’s back-to-school time and we are making a craft a fun washi tape notebook to make your school supplies stand out. I’m a note-taker, and my kids take after me, so not a day goes by I don’t pull out my little memo books to jot down some notes. I don’t know about you but I’m obsessed with Washi tape, and I pick up a new roll every time I head to the store. So I decided to whip up these DIY Washi Tape Notebooks, and they turned out awesome.
Washi tape crafts are super easy and fun to make with kids. They make great back to school projects as well.
DIY Washi Tape Notebook
What you need:
- Mini Notebook (Purchased 3 pack at Target for $1.52)
- OR Composition Notebook (.97)
- Washi Tape
- Paint Pens, Optional
Get an assortment of different Washi Tape colors and patterns. You can even use painters pens to draw pictures or your name on it.
- Grab your mini notebook and turn it backwards. I chose it was best to apply the washi tape to the cardboard side to give it a better overall look.
- Take your choice of washi tape and starting in the middle apply your washi tape in a diagonal pattern. Tear the edges of the tape and fold them underneath.
- Continue to do this with all of your washi tapes until your entire notebook is covered.
- This gives such a unique look to notebooks and is so easy to make.
- To make your tape stay all year, put a thin layer of Modge Podge (clear) over the top so that the paint doesn’t peel off.
This is a great project to let the kids help out with. Let them show their own creativity by picking their tape and colors. You could also use stickers on the notebook.
Pin this post!