If you need an easy recipe for the Halloween party, just grab a tray of brownies and give them a little spooky Sally makeover! Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of the best Halloween characters, and her patchwork body and dress are so iconic that they make decorating Halloween treats so much fun!
You can make a pan of brownies or even buy a premade pan from somewhere like Costco or Sam’s Club (which is what we did!). You’ll cut the brownies into your desired shapes and dress them up with delicious colors to look like Sally’s dress.
Let’s get decorating!
What you will need
- 1 13 x 9 premade brownie bars
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 1/3 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Teal, black, pink, yellow gel food coloring
- 1 container black cake frosting
- Using a standing mixer, beat the egg whites, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream of tartar for 5-7 minutes until stiff peaks form. You made need to add 1⁄2 Cup more of powdered sugar.
- Divide the icing into 4 bowls. Mix 1 color into each bowl until you get the desired colors you like.
- Cut 12 circles out of the brownie bar and place them onto a cookie sheet.
- Pipe a triangle and other odd shapes onto the brownie and fill the sections in, making sure you color the brownie with each of the colors.
- Repeat the same step with the remaining colors, making sure they touch
- Using the black icing bag, pipe black lines over the parts where the colors meet to create Sally's stitching. Pipe small lines or x over the black lines to create the binding look of sally's dress Allow the icing to harden.
- Squeeze the black frosting into the last piping bag. Pipe a spider anywhere on the top of the brownies.
- Allow the frosting to harden for an hour before enjoying.