The New York Times bestselling book series, Fancy Nancy by Jane O’Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser is coming to life in a new Disney Junior show. The Fancy Nancy show debuts on Disney Junior, DisneyNOW, and Disney Junior VOD on Friday, July 13th at 11:00 am EDT/PDT. If you aren’t familiar with the stories, Nancy is a high-spirited young girl whose zest and enthusiasm for all that is exquisite – including language, nature, art, and color – transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary. Excited to experience what the magnificent world has to offer, Nancy uses ingenuity and resourcefulness to exemplify that even if life doesn’t always go as planned, it’s important to make the most of each day and encourage others to do the same.
The cast of Disney Junior’s Fancy Nancy
- Nancy – Mia Sinclair Jenness (Broadway’s Matilda)
- Nany’s Mother – Alyson Hannigan
- Nancy’s Father – Rob Riggle
- Little Sister JoJo – Spencer Moss
- Mrs. Devine – Tony Award®-winner Christine Baranski
- Grandpa Clancy – George Wendt (“Cheers”)
- Mr. Singh – Kal Penn (“Designated Survivor”)
- Nancy’s best friend Bree – Dana Heath (“WellieWishers”)
- Mrs. James, Bree’s mom – Tatyana Ali (“The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”)
- Nancy’s cousin Jonathan – Ian Chen (“Fresh Off the Boat”)
- Gus, the mailman – Chi McBride (“Hawaii Five-0”)
- Nancy’s friend Lionel – Malachi Barton (“Stuck in the Middle”)
- Brigitte – Madison Pettis (“The Fosters”)
The series has already ordered a second season ahead of the series debut! Clearly, the show is doing well in testing. I’ve heard from multiple parents about their excitement that this book is coming to life. The show is geared towards kids ages 2-7. The show features music in each episode with original songs in a variety of genres like pop, jazz, big band, classical, and swing.
Are you looking forward to the new Fancy Nancy TV show on Disney Junior?