Looking for an easy treat to make for your next patriotic gathering? I have a fun one to make with your kids. These Firecracker Marshmallow Pops are great to bring to gatherings or for watching the fireworks.
Here is what you'll need to make these tasty Firecracker Marshmallow Pops.
Colored sugar – You could also use fun sprinkles.
Place your colored sugar into individual bowls. Skewer a marshmallow with a toothpick. Dunk the marshmallow into the water and gently shake the excess off before dunking into the colored sugar. Make sure to coat all of the sides to cover all of the white. Place the coated marshmallow on the prepared banking sheet. Make sure to keep the colors separated so they don't bleed onto each other. Allow them to dry for 15-20 minutes.Remove the toothpick from a blue-coated marshmallow. Stick a paper straw through that marshmallow and gently slide it down the straw 1 to 2 inches – allowing room for 2 more marshmallows.
Next, do the same with the white, and then the red on top. Continue this process until all marshmallows are used.
These can be made 1-2 days in advance – just keep them in an air-tight container until ready to serve.
What you will need
- Red White and Blue Sanding Sugar (or sprinkles)
- 1 cup water
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Skewer a marshmallow with a toothpick. Submerge the marshmallow in the cup of water and shake gently to remove any excess water.
- Immediately dip the wet marshmallow into one color of sanding sugar - coating all sides. Sprinkle on extra sanding sugar in the areas that have white showing through.
- Place the coated marshmallow on the prepared baking sheet - keeping colors separated so they do not blend together.
- Follow these steps to get an even number of red, white and blue coated marshmallows for the number of pops desired. Allow the marshmallows to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the toothpick from a blue-coated marshmallow. Stick a paper straw through that marshmallow and gently slide it down the straw 1 to 2 inches - allowing room for 2 more marshmallows.
- Next, do the same with the white, and then the red on top. Continue this process until all marshmallows are used.