Summer is the time of year when communities around the city host summer movie series in the local parks and the best part about it, is the fact that they are FREE! If you don’t see your city on the list check your local city website in the Park’s and Rec department or event calendars to see if they are hosting a similar event.
- Movies in Central Park at Atlantic Station. Bring a blanket and a snack and watch a new movie every Thursday at sundown in Atlantic Station.
- Free Movies in Norcross – Inside and Outside options!
- Mall of Georgia Movies Under the Stars and Summer Concert Series
- Movies at Newton Park each month during the summer a free movie plays at Newtown Park in John’s Creek.
- B at the Movies sponsored by B98.5 in various cities around metro Atlanta on Saturday nights.
- Moovies at the Mable – Mableton Amphitheater will host some great kids movies this summer.
- Candler Park Movie Night Bring a cooler and have a picnic and enjoy your movie!
- Movies on the Lawn in Lawrenceville -The second Friday of each month – April through August – enjoy an evening under the stars watching family friendly movies on the Lawrenceville Lawn with concessions provided by local vendors and restaurants!
- Georgia Movies in the Park presented by Northside Hospital. Movie events happening in Alpharetta, Cumming, Canton, Woodstock, & Dawsonville.
- Clayton County Movies Under the Stars Head to some of Clayton counties parks to catch a movie, in a different park each month.
- Flicks on the Bricks in the city of Duluth every 1st & 3rd Friday of the month
- Hapeville Movie Nights
- Flicks & Food Trucks in Milton Only a could during the summer, but there are Food Trucks!
- Popcorn in the Park – visit Snellville and enjoy some popcorn and a movie!
Check back to see if we’ve added your city!
image via The Washington Post