I've been doing my best to stop eating out recently. So I've been eating a lot of produce lately and I've found some great ways to throw everything together and enjoy.
This French Lentil Salad is a colorful side dish bursting with flavor. I hope you enjoy it.
Make the vinaigrette first. It will have time to marinate and the flavor will be nice and strong.
Dice all of your ingredients for the salad.
Toss all of your ingredients with the vinaigrette. I find it better to leave the cheese out while your mixing in the dressing because it starts to crumble more and melt. Soft cheeses are always better when they are sprinkled in last.
Enjoy the dish by itself or as a side dish.
What you will need
- 1 lbs of cooked French Lentils purchased at Trader Joe's in the fridge section produce isle
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half (or diced tomatoes work)
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp of Italian parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion diced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil always use the best you have for dressings
- Salt / pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine all the vegetables and the feta cheese. No need to mix just yet. Prepare the vinaigrette. You can also use your favorite dressing for this salad. But don't use too much dressing. 4 Tbsp of dressing is enough.
- Whisk everything together and pour over the lentil salad. Toss everything until they're all coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill and so the flavors get to know each other better!