Normally I'm an Apple Cider donut girl in the fall but this Gluten Free Pumpkin Sugar & Spice Donut is now my main squeeze! You can't have autumn without pumpkin and pumpkin spice! Donuts are good no matter the season so there is no arguing that. Did I mention that they are gluten free!?
Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl (except the topping ones!)
Bake the donuts until they are springy to the touch. About 14-17 minutes. While the donuts are baking, make the topping in one bowl and melt the butter in another bowl that is large enough to fit the donut.
While the donuts are still hot, dip them into the butter and then coat with the cinnamon sugar mixture. You can also throw some pumpkin spice in this mixture if you're a true pumpkin spice-aholic!
The donuts are best served fresh, but good in 1-2 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months. Just place the baked donuts in the freezer without the topping on them. When you're ready to eat them, microwave for 1-2 minutes and then add the topping to it.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Sugar & Spice DonutsPrint
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients (excluding topping ingredients) in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well and transfer the batter into a gallon size ziplock bag. Snip off one corner of the bag, and pipe the donut batter into the donut pan – filling each approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until donuts is springy to the touch.
- While donuts are baking, prepare the topping. Melt the butter in a bowl large enough for dipping the donuts. In a separate bowl or plate, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Once the donuts are still hot, dip into the butter and then coat with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Donuts are best served fresh but are still quite enjoyable for 1-2 days if kept in an airtight container.
Donuts can be frozen for up to 2 months. Simply place freshly baked donuts in freezer containers (skip the topping step!). When ready to eat, remove the desired number of donuts and microwave for 1-2 minutes. You can then add the topping if you wish.