I am a Stonyfield Blogger. All opinions are my own, we love organic yogurt.
One of my favorite side dishes during the holidays are mashed potatoes. So much so that I'm normally the butt of the Irish girl at the table, pass her the potatoes, jokes. To be fair, it's true. You gotta have mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. It's a crime if you don't.
These garlic mashed potatoes are rich and creamy and we cut out some of the fat by using Stonyfield greek yogurt in place of sour cream. Th garlic adds some great flavor to it as well.
What you will need
- 2 pounds potatoes washed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Stonyfield plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- Clean potatoes and cut into 2 inch cubes.
- Boil potatoes in water until the potatoes fall apart easily when pierced with a fork. When the potatoes are done, drain out the water.
- Mix in minced garlic, greek yogurt, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Using a potato masher to mash everything together.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
You don't have to peel your potatoes before you make mashed potatoes, in fact, the majority of the nutrients are in the skins so keep them on!