With summer coming to an end, so is grilling season. My husband will be so sad. So you need to try this Grilled Chicken and Pepper Flatbread recipe before you pack up the grill for winter.A beautiful medley of flavor.
I love colorful vegetables. They make for beautiful recipes. We normally have a lot of peppers in the garden, but this year they didn't do very good. Plus, the squirrels kept eating everything. We didn't get much from our garden this year. It was a total bummer.
Grill one side of your bread and then flip it over making sure to brush a little oil onto the dough. I like to season and put a little bit of cheese on before the toppings so that they have a layer to help them stick.
Place your chicken, peppers, garlic, and onion onto your pizza crust. Top with he remaining cheese and close the lid to the grill to continue backing. Cut into slices and serve. So yummy and loaded with flavor!
Grilled Chicken and Pepper FlatbreadPrint
- 1 c chicken cooked, diced or shredded
- ¼ red onion diced
- ½ red sweet pepper diced
- ½ yellow sweet pepper diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ c mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ tube Pillsbury pizza dough rolled out
- Preheat grill to medium or oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine the oil and Italian seasoning together.
- Place the dough on the grill. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Flip
- Brush on the seasoned oil mixture on top of the grilled dough
- Add the chicken, peppers, onion, garlic and onion powder, and cheese.
- Close the lid of the grill and cook until the cheese has fully melted
- Cut into slices and serve