How cute is this How the Grinch Stole Christmas Popcorn for the holidays? Another fun recipe from the Dixie Crystal Kid's in the Kitchen. The popcorn is green like the Grinch and it even has candy hearts to grow three sizes. It's the perfect themed Christmas food that your kids will love making and sharing with others.
This post is brought to you by the Dixie Crystal Kids in the Kitchen.
My kids loving being in the kitchen with me. When kids are able to help out in making meals or treats they are more likely to eat them. This works especially well with getting kids to try new foods. They want to sample the foods they make. The Dixie Crystals Kids in the Kitchen site has lots of different recipes and craft ideas that you can do with kids. We love the holiday ones!
What are you planning on making this holiday season with your kids?
Check out how to make the Grinch Popcorn in this video.
What you will need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup large popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Red candy hearts
- Red green, and white nonpareils
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot with a lid over medium heat.
- Add three kernels of corn and add the lid. Let the three kernels pop and remove.
- Add the rest of the kernels, sugar, and food coloring. Add lid and take off of the heat for 30 seconds.
- Put the pot back on the heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, shaking the pot occasionally until the popping slows down.
- Remove from heat and pour the hot popcorn immediately into a large bowl. Toss with salt, candy hearts, and nonpareils.