Turn a few recycled materials into an adorable gumball Christmas tree ornament. This is a great craft for kids to try at school or while they are at home during the break. You could make a few and give them as gifts.
Gumball Machine Christmas Tree OrnamentPin
- Small terracotta pot (See Notes)
- Small clear plastic ball ornament
- Jumbo multi-colored nonpareils sprinkles
- Red acrylic paint
- Paint Brush
- Soda can tab
- Paint the terracotta pot red and allow it to dry completely.
- Remove the top from the plastic ornament. Place the ornament in a bowl to catch any extra sprinkles. Pour the sprinkles inside then place the top back on and set aside.
- Once the red painted pot is dry, place it face-down and use a hot glue gun to add a thick circle of glue in the center. Immediately place the bottom of the filled ornament on the glue.
- Add a thin layer of hot glue on the back of the soda can tab and place it centered on the side of the pot.
- After the glue is set, add a ribbon or ornament hook to the top and hang on your Christmas tree or give as a beautiful handmade gift!