We all know that the Holidays can be a serious diet killer. Especially Halloween when the candy starts flowing. We try so hard to avoid the delicious treats and seasonal goodies that we take a giant leap backwards from our weight loss goals. It doesn’t have to that hard. You have the willpower! Follow these simple tips and “treats” and you will have a better chance of staying on track.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind – Leaving the candy bowl out for easy access causes us to think about having a piece every time we pass by. Place candy away in the cupboard or drawer where you cannot see it. This takes away any temptation you might have.
- Count the candy wrappers because bite-size candy bars add up quickly! – Keep the wrappers in view, and it will remind you of how many you ate and hopefully inspire you to stop after one or two. Keep in mind that one candy bar is equal to two bite-sized.
- Pumpkin by the pound – Weigh your pumpkin before taking it home and carry it for a few minutes. Think of how heavy that pumpkin is and how much weight you have lost. You may be holding the weight you can lose in one month! The same goes for the pumpkin you are cooking with.
- Buy candy you don’t love – It’s easier to resist opening a candy bag if it’s not one of your absolute favorite. Your trick or treaters won’t mind if you didn’t get them the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Someone else on the block probably did for you!
- Once Halloween is over, get all of the treats out of the house – Take them to work or then donate to a shelter or blood bank. You can’t munch on your child’s stash if it’s gone. Let your child pick out a few pieces of their favorite to set aside and then give the rest away.
Here are some splurge that you can make and not feel guilty about (if you stop at the recommended serving size!)
Hershey Kisses – 26 calories
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – 44 calories
Strawberry Twists – 32 calories
Kit Kat, Fun size – 73 calories
Nerds Fun size – 50 calories
SweeTARTS – 50 calories
1 Package of Skinny Cow Clusters – 120 calories
30 Piece’s of Candy Corn – 125 calories
Tall Non-fat Pumpkin Spice Latte (No whip) – 200 calories
Have a fantastic Halloween!
Leave me a comment telling me your great tips an Hershey’s will send you a sweet reward* that you can enjoy in moderation! (*Reese’s Miniatures)
Find fantastic Halloween Crafts and recipes at the HERSHEY’S Boo Blvd. I’m participating in HERSHEY’S Boo Blvd. and I received Reese’s Miniatures to share with my family.