Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion. I am your host, your ghost host. Today we have another adorable set of Minnie ear style Haunted Mansion cupcakes to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland resort.
This is one of my all-time favorite rides and one that I always make sure to ride when I’m visiting the Disney parks. These cupcakes are inspired by the iconic wallpaper and the cast member outfits of green and black. An added touch of marshmallow cobwebs to give it that creepy Halloween vibe.
We have 999 happy haunts here — but there’s room for 1,000. Any volunteers?
You may also love these Jack Skellington Cupcakes
What you will need
Fondant Ears and Bows
- 1 container of Purple fondant
- 1 container of white fondant
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Marshmallow Spider Web
- 3 Jumbo marshmallows
- black edible marker
- green edible marker
- purple edible marker
- Wilton bow fondant mold
- 4 inch round fondant cutter
- large piping bag with large star tip
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Muffin pan
- Cupcake liners
- Electric mixer/ mixing bowl
- Sprinkle powder sugar onto a cutting board and spread around.
- Remove purple fondant from container and place onto a cutting board
- Coat fondant with powder sugar and roll out onto the cutting board into a flat 1/2 inch disk
- Using the 4 inch round cutter, cut out 24 circles
- Place cut circles onto the cookie sheet and allow to dry for 1 hour
- Using the black edible marker, draw out the wallpaper onto the fondant circles.
- Allow drying.
- Remove the white fondant from the container and pinch off about 1 tbsp of fondant
- Mold the white fondant into the small bow mold
- Remove and place onto a cookie sheet to dry
- Continue steps for 11 more bows.
- Allow the bows to dry for 1 hour
- Once the hour is up, using your green and black edible marker, draw and color horizontal lines on the bows
- Allow drying for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven as per directions on the box,
- Put the liners in the muffin pan. Set aside.
- Following the directions add ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients as instructed.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Put in the oven and bake for 22 minutes.
- Check for doneness. ( Insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake, it should come out clean.)
- If they are not done, check again every three minutes until they are done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth
- Pipe frosting onto the top of the cooled cupcake
- Place one "ear" on either side of the frosting
- Place the bow in the middle of the frosting
- Place the bowl with the marshmallows in the microwave for 15 seconds intervals until puffed and melted
- Stir with a spoon to deflate the marshmallows
- Scoop a little bit of melted marshmallow between your fingers and spread your fingers apart to make the marshmallow stringy.
- Lay the marshmallow strings over and around the frosting and ears with your fingers, coating the frosting and ears to make it creepy looking