These black and yellow donuts are great for bumblebee or wasp themed treats! They are perfect for Ant-Man and The Wasp or Winnie the Pooh parties!
I'm super excited about Ant-Man and The Wasp coming out and I wanted to share a fun recipe with you guys. Much like The Incredibles Donuts, these donuts are super easy to make and just a fun treat that you can make together.
Divide your batter into three bowls and leave one uncolored and the other two colored yellow and black. Add a spoonful at a time to the donut pan to create the wasp pattern.
Don't fully blend your icing together. You want it to create a marbled pattern. Then you can add some ant sprinkles to give it an added Ant-Man and The Wasp theme!
Honey Glazed Ant-Man and The Wasp DonutsPrint
- Donut Ingredients:
- 2 2/3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 large egg room temp
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- Yellow and black gel food coloring
- Vanilla frosting ingredients:
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 drop Yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a baking spray to prep your doughnut pan.
- Set the pan to the side.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the whole milk, sour cream, and eggs into a separate bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla
- Gradually whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined
- Divide the batter into three bowls.
- Add several drops of Yellow food coloring in the first bowl.
- Add several drops of Black food coloring in the first bowl.
- Spoon equal amounts of the 3 batters into the doughnut pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Glaze Directions:
- Whisk together the milk, powder sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Split the icing into 2 bowls.
- Add the yellow food coloring to one of the bowls.
- Gradually pour the yellow icing into the white icing.
- DO NOT STIR!!
- Dip the donuts into the icing and turn the donut 90 degrees
- Place the donut back onto the wire rack and repeat the previous steps for remaining donuts
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying!