I have received information, product and materials from McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., the makers of MOTRIN®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.
Is it just me or do other moms like to wait until the weekend to get as much as they can done over the weekend. Like this past weekend, my husband and I decided to tackle the start of our backyard updates and that included pressure washing the porch and walls. It took some scrubbing too though, so I got a nice workout. I may have suckered my husband into building our game table in a weekend also.
This spring the MOTRIN® Brand, together with actress and mom Jennie Garth, will be sharing tips, tricks and advice to help keep unstoppable women inspired and motivated while they “Make It Happen” over the weekend so that Mondays become a day of triumph!
Here are some of actress and mom, Jennie Garth’s tips on how to “Make It Happen,” when it comes to DIY projects during the weekend:
- Take care of yourself! I’ve also learned that it’s important to warm up and stretch prior to and after any big projects. You wouldn’t hit the gym without stretching, so why would you start a physically demanding DIY project without a little prep-work?
- Create a Mock-up. Be meticulous about measuring and laying things out with craft paper or tape before starting a project! Before I build anything for my home I create a paper cutout of the piece and tape it to the wall or the floor so I can see how it will fill the space. Better to do it that way first than build or buy something that won’t fit in your home. This is also a great way to involve your kids and teach them how to use a ruler or tape measure.
- Just Add Wallpaper – Add a colorful and expressive piece of wallpaper or decorative craft paper to the back of a medicine cabinet or bookshelf to spice up the space and add an element of surprise to an otherwise basic piece of furniture. This is easy to do and will make you smile every time you open that cabinet or grab a book from the shelf. You can use leftover wallpaper you already have, or visit a craft store to find a huge selection of options.
I also love these tips from celebrity Trainer, Ashley Borden:
- The “I’ve been avoiding it but it’s finally time to tackle the yardwork” shoulder stretch: While standing tall, interlace your hands behind your back. Try to reach down toward the floor and straighten your arms as much as you can. Raise your chest high and keep your eyes on the horizon. You will feel a big shoulder harness stretch around the both shoulders. Hold for 30 seconds. Ready! Set! Dust!
- The “I can pick up the toys while toning my legs and tush” squat: Survey that playroom floor and see what needs tidying. Stand with knees shoulder width apart and drop into a squat. Be mindful of your position and ensure your knees don’t extend over your toes. At the bottom of the squat, pick something up and put it where it belongs. Repeat until the playroom is clean.
Go to the MOTRIN® Facebook page on Mondays and share how you made it happen over the weekend. You could win a one-on-one session with Jennie Garth in L.A. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 21 years or older. Enter Contest on 5/11/15. For Official Rules, including prize descriptions, visit http://bit.ly/MotrinMIHRules. Void where prohibited.
Join us for #MakeItHappen Twitter Party on May 29 with celebrity trainer, Ashley Borden from 2 – 3PM EST. RSVP here –> http://vite.io/TheMotherhoodChats