I've had a couple of trips to Walt Disney World without my kids in the last few years. “Adulting” at Disney is an experience that I highly recommend if you're a big Disney fan like I am. Whether it's with a group of friends or with someone you love, there are lots of things that you can do to enjoy your trip. I'm less stressed when I visit Disney Parks without my kids because I don't have to worry about anyone except myself. This gives you a chance to relax and experience the parks in a whole new way.
Book your trip to Walt Disney World today!
Grabbing a Drink at Walt Disney World
Grab some of the best cocktails while you are visiting Walt Disney World. You can grab drinks at Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Epcot and carry it around the park. Starting Dec. 23 inside Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, Liberty Tree Tavern, Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen and Cinderella’s Royal Table will begin serving wine and beer. Currently Be Our Guest is the only one.
- Monorail Pub Crawl – Have you ever jumped on the Monorail to check out the other resorts that have stops on the line? During our girls trip this year we stayed in the Contemporary and wanted to visit the Polynesian to get a spiked Dole Whip before dinner. So we jumped onto the Monorail to check it out. After getting our first drink, we enjoyed and explored the resort before heading to the Grand Floridian. That's when we realized that we wanted to experience all of the resorts that we stopped at so we jumped off to grab another drink. That's when the Monorail Pub Crawl officially commenced. It's a great way to experience the three resorts that line the Monorail. They are all very different but offer such great options for dining and atmosphere. Stops on the Monorail Pub Crawl – Polynesian – Grand Floridian – Contemporary. Check out all the #monorailpubcrawl adventures.
- Double spiked Dole Whip – You can find the ultimate Dole Whip OUTSIDE the park! I know, this information blew my mind as well. You'll want to visit the Polynesian for this one. Head outside to Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace, and you'll find a little lounge and bar area. Look for the Spikey Pineapple and ask for the Captain Morgan Spiced Floater (pictured above). It is amazing! They offer some of the best crazy cocktails in souvenir cups. Keep in mind you have to be sitting in the lounge to get the special cups. Otherwise, you'll get a plastic cup you can walk around with.
- VIP Ultimate Thrills Tour – Take a VIP tour and skip the lines and experience a handful of parks and rides in one day. You'll be in a group of others on the VIP tour (10-30 people) and the Thrills tour takes you through three parks to experience all the best thrills that Walt Disney World has to offer. It is a blast and you get your own guide and lunch is included. Check out our tour here.
- Food and Wine Festival at Epcot – Festivals at Epcot like the Food and Wine and the International Flower and Garden Festival bring some of the best food and drinks to try in the World Showcase. The Food and Wine festival is much larger and adult friendly, plus the offerings are far better. It occurs during the end of summer beginning of fall. At the festival center, you can join in on beverage tastings, demonstrations, and get hands on experiences. Taste flavorings from around the world will be set up around Epcot's World Showcase in addition to the countries around the loop. They are in small plate style so that you can grab one and go while you walk to the next one. There are signature cocktails to pair with them as well.
- Long Island Lunar Tea – Disney's Hollywood Studios has a fun restaurant called the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater where you get to sit in old cars and watch old school sci-fi movies with your dinner. One of their delicious cosmic cocktails is the Long Island Lunar Tea. You'll only need one; this is the strongest drink I found at Walt Disney World, hands down.
- Margaritas in Mexico with the pomegranate floater – Sure you can get a margarita anywhere, but the pomegranate floater is the key here. I'm not a fan of frozen margaritas, but this one is the exception to that because oh my gah so good! Head to La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico (World Showcase in Epcot) and order the Lime frozen margarita and ask for the pom floater. It's a beautiful cocktail and perfect for those hot days in the park.
Rides to Snuggle On
If you are visiting Walt Disney World with your significant other, then you can ride some fun rides that are perfect for snuggling on. The offer clamshell style seating that fits two people perfectly.
- Little Mermaid – Magic Kingdom – Fantasyland
- People Mover – Magic Kingdom – Tomorrowland
- Haunted Mansion – Magic Kingdom – Liberty Square
- Peter Pan – Magic Kingdom – Fantasyland
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – Magic Kingdom – Fantasyland – Jump on the benches for snuggle time!
- Spaceship Earth – Epcot
- The Seas with Nemo & Freinds – Epcot
Being at Walt Disney World is already bringing out your inner child but rides with games built in are a great way to bring out some healthy competition and lot of laughs.
- Toy Story Mania!
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Time to Relax at the Spa
The following Disney Resorts offer fabulous spas that you won't want to miss.
- Senses – Grand Floridian
- Senses – Saratoga Springs
- Ship Shape – Yacht Club
- Zahanati – Animal Kingdom Lodge
Nightlife around Walt Disney World
Time to hit the town and put on your dancing shoes!
- Jellyrolls – Boardwalk – Jellyrolls serves Guests 21 years of age and older. Be there early to grab a table. Jellyrolls is one of the hottest nightspots in the Orlando area and seats fill up fast. A cover charge is applicable. Dueling pianos and a fun dance floor.
- Atlantic Dance Hall – Boardwalk – Get into the groove at this hoppin’ nightclub that plays the hottest songs from the ‘80s, ‘90s and today. 21 and over.
- ESPN Sports Center – Boardwalk – Is saying you’re a “huge” sports fan an understatement? Then, get closer to game action by stopping by Sports Central. Located inside Disney’s ESPN Club, it’s the home of the ultimate sports broadcast experience.
- House of Blues – Disney Springs – See a live music concert starring some of today’s top talent and then stay and dance the night away.
- AMC Movies – Disney Springs – Catch a new movie!
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes – Disney Springs – Go bowling!
- La Nouba by Cirque du Solei – Disney Springs – Cirque shows are some of the best in the world, and Disney Springs is home to one of the staples. I always suggest hitting a Cirque du Solei show if you're in a town that offers a standing show.
Magic Kingdom offers a special event called Disney After Hours where you can enter the park around 7 pm and catch the fireworks and then stay an extra 3 hours after the park closes. There are rides open that you can walk right onto. Plus you can snap some great pictures with nearly no one on the streets! That is my favorite aspect. They only offer this a few times during the year so just check the Special Events and Tours section for the special ticket offering.
I hope you have a wonderful time on your adults only Walt Disney World trip! What are some of your favorite things to do without kids at WDW?