If you’re like me, you have multiply Google accounts that include a gmail account and Google Apps accounts for each of my blogs. I also have channels for each of those blogs. (5 in all!) Talk about a pain in the butt having to log in and out of each of them to manage the YouTube accounts.
This tutorial will help you link your YouTube account to your already established Google+ account and pages, allowing you to login with one email and switch accounts without having to log in and out. In this tutorial, you’ll have to log in and out a few time but once it’s completed you won’t have to anymore.
Let’s get started.
1. The first thing you want to do is login to the YouTube account that you’d like to add to your main account. This account I’m showing you is set up on a Google Apps account. We’ll call it the “Other” account. I don’t have it linked to a Google+ account because I don’t want multiple accounts that would confuse people on which to follow. But you will need to in order to complete this process.
2. Head to your account settings page, click the Link channel with Google+ (Keep in mind Google is trying to move people over so go ahead and do it before Google does it for you!)
3. It will ask you about the name you’d like to use for your Google+ Page. I suggest just using your YouTube name, mainly because if someone searches your name they will find this account until you get the privacy settings changed. It also help you link to them faster later in the tutorial.
4. After it links the account it will show a green bar at the top of the page and a link to Visit your channel profile.
5. Head to Google+ to create your profile. Just hit continue and skip through this stuff. You don’t have to follow anyone.
6. After you make it to the Google+ home screen log out.
7. Login to the account that you want to be your “Master Account.” Click the face icon to open the profile selections.
8. Click on the Google+ Page you’d like to link to your YouTube Channel.
9. Head to your Dashboard for the Google+ Page.
10. Select the Managers tab at the top.
11. Click the Add managers button in the top right corner.
12. Enter the email address that is assigned to the YouTube account and now the new profile that was created on the other account. You can also add the person by name but I’m pretty sure you have “Follow – Circle” them in order to do that. Email is faster and easier.
13. Log out of the Master account
14. When the email arrives, click the Become a Manager button. It will open up a browser window and ask you to login to the Google+ account. (Login to the “Other” account linked to YouTube)
15. You have now become a manager for the Google+ page that you want to link your YouTube channel to. When you are logged into the Master account the Google+ Page should look like the above picture with your Other – Channel profile as a manager.
16. Head back to YouTube and the account settings section (see step 2) and unlink the channel from the Google+ account.
17. Click the Link channel to Google+ button again and you will see the above box appear with more options to choose from. Select the Google+ Page (should be the first option and read “Your channel will be linked with this Google+ Page)
18. You have now linked your YouTube channel to your Google+ Page and can see if by logging into your master account.
This is what your Google+ Page will look like after you link your YouTube channel to it. You can do the same process with each page and YouTube channel allowing you to use the main master account, making life so much easier.
19. You can now delete the Google+ Profile that you created at the beginning of this tutorial. Just visit the Account Settings page (Logged in to your “Other” account)
20. Select the Google+ tab on the Left hand sidebar.
21. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click delete Google+ Profile
22. It will ask if you want to delete the profile or everything in your Google account. ONLY SELECT GOOGLE+ PROFILE. If you select everything it will delete your channel and videos!
23. You’re done.