What better way to celebrate National Donut Day than with an INCREDIBLE donut recipe! I’m also really excited about the Incredibles 2 movie coming June 15. So I thought I would share a fun Incredibles recipe with you. One might say that they are SUPER tasty!
When you like to bake and play around in the kitchen, I feel like there are a few things to keep on hand. Like fun food coloring and fun pans like a donut pan. I have a cabinet filled with molds, decorating, and sprinkles. I’m talking a ridiculous amount of sprinkles y’all.
Making colored baked good like this are a fun way to make themed party food. The possibilities are endless when it comes to fun colors. These Incredibles Donuts came out great!
After you make your donut dough you are going to separate it into three portions to color it black, red, and yellow. Make sure to spray your pan so that the donut slip out of the donut pan with ease.
What you will need
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large egg room temp
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Yellow red, and black gel food coloring
- Vanilla Glaze ingredients:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cup powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a baking spray to prep your doughnut pan.
- Set the pan to the side.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the whole milk, sour cream, and eggs into a separate bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla
- Gradually whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined
- Divide the batter into three bowls.
- Add several drops of Yellow food coloring in the first bowl.
- Add several drops of Red food coloring in the first bowl.
- Add several drops of Black food coloring in the first bowl.
- Spoon equal amounts of the 3 batters into the doughnut pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Glaze Directions:
- Whisk together the milk, powder sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Split the icing into 2 bowls.
- Gradually pour the yellow icing into the white icing.
- DO NOT STIR!!
- Dip the doughnuts into the icing and turn the doughnut 90 degrees
- Place the doughnut back onto the wire rack and repeat the previous steps for remaining doughnuts
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying!
More Incredibles Inspired Recipes: