Who says hot chocolate bombs are just for Christmas? These tasty hot cocoa bombs are filled with fall flavors perfect for those chilly autumn nights. Drop them into a steaming glass of milk after a spooky night of trick-or-treating.
Jack-o-Lantern Hot Cocoa Bombs
What you will need
- 1 Bag of Orange Candy melts 30 oz
- 1 Bag black candy melts 8 oz
- 2 Cup of pumpkin spice hot cocoa mix
- 1 Cup Halloween M&M’s
- 1 Cup mini marshmallows
- The chocolate mold will have three parts to it. The base part of the mold is the one that will have the face of the Jack O’lantern. There will be two flexible plastic inserts. Set those aside, and then you will have another plastic piece that goes into the little plastic inserts like shown in the photo.
- Using a heat safe bowl, melt the orange candy melts on increments of 45 seconds or until the chocolate is melted.
- Fill the base mold with the melted chocolate to the fill line.
- Insert the flexible parts into each mold. Press the top piece down into the mold to cause the chocolate to fill the shape of the mold Place into the fridge for 15 minutes
- Gently pop out the mold and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps until all orange chocolate has been used.
Building the cocoa bomb
- Scoop about 1 Tbsp of the pumpkin spice hot cocoa mix, a few mini marshmallows, and a few halloween M&M’s into one side of the pumpkin.
- Place the top of the shell back onto the warm pan to melt the edges for a few seconds. Quickly place the melted edges onto the filled shell and gently press down.
- Using a small bowl, melt the black candy melts then scoop into the piping bag. Cut the tips and fill in the face of the pumpkin.
- Allow to harden before enjoying in an 8oz glass of steaming milk!