Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King, is here to make your Halloween or Christmas frightfully fun and toasty.
Is The Nightmare Before Christmas a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie? It’s both! So this recipe is a great one that can be used during all of the chilly months.
Jack Skellington Hot Cocoa Bombs
What you will need
- 1 – 30 Ounces of Ghirardelli White Chocolate melting wafers
- 2 C of pumpkin spice hot cocoa mix
- 1 C mini marshmallows
- 1 small skillet over very low heat
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 black cookie icing
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- Use a paper towel or clean kitchen towel and wipe the inside of the silicone molds. This will allow your chocolate mold to have a shiny coat on it.
- Using a heat safe bowl, pour into the bowl and place the remaining of the ghirardelli melting wafers in the microwave for 45 second intervals. Make sure to stir the chocolate after each 45 seconds until completely melted and smooth
- Using a spoon, spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold. Carefully swirl the chocolate to thoroughly coat the inside of the mold. Lightly shake the extra chocolate back into the bowl.
- Place the coated molds into the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened chocolate shell. Carefully place the mold onto the cookie sheet. Repeat steps with remaining molds. You should now have 8 half sphere molds
- Carefully take the open side of the sphere and place it onto the pan to melt off the uneven edges to create a smooth edging. Place the shell back onto the cookie sheet and allow the edge to harden.
Building the cocoa bomb :
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the pumpkin spice hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the sphere mold. Place a few mini marshmallows into the shell
- Place the top of the shell back onto the warm pan to melt the edges for a few seconds.
- Quickly place the melted edges onto the filled shell and gently press down.
- Squeeze the cookie icing into the piping bag and cut the tip off. Carefully pipe the details of Jack Skellington's face.
- Allow the icing to harden before enjoying in a 8oz glass of steaming milk