Jack Skellington is the Pumpkin King of Halloween, so we made some fun Minnie Mouse inspired cupcakes with the ears themed like Jack Skellington's face. Each Jack Skellington cupcake has a set of Minnie's ears and a bow in the middle similar to a Minnie headband from the Disney Parks.
A fun take on a cute and easy way to decorate your cupcakes.
You may also like these Nightmare Before Christmas DIY Pumpkins
Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington CupcakesPrint Pin Rate
What you will need
- 1 box of french vanilla cake mix cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 5 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6-10 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkle powder sugar onto a cutting board and spread around.
- Remove black fondant from container and place onto a cutting board
- Coat fondant with powder sugar and roll out onto the cutting board into a flat 1/2 inch disk
- Using the 4 inch round cutter, cut out 24 circles
- Place cut circles onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat the steps with the white fondant and 2 inch round cutter
- Fill a small cup up with water
- Place a black circle onto the cutting board
- Using the edible marker, draw on jacks face onto the white circle
- Dip your finger into the water and rub it on the back of a white circle
- Place the white circle in the middle of the black circle
- Allow the water to dry for 10 minutes
- Using remaining black fondant, make 12 bows
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line muffin pan with the white cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until combined
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 way full
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag
- Frost cooled cupcakes
- Place the black bow in the middle of the frosting
- Place one "ear" on either side of the bow
Looking for more Nightmare Before Christmas recipes? We have a bunch!