No need to travel to the Amazon for a Jungle Cruise, snuggle up on the couch, and enjoy the movie now streaming on Disney+ (with premiere access). What goes better with a great movie, popcorn, of course! Enjoy this Jungle Cruise recipe together with the family.
Jungle Cruise is a Disney adventure movie based on the ride of the same name at the Disney Parks. The ride has been popular with fans for many years, and the movie gives fans another aspect to love. The jokes and puns in the movie are what make it so great and enjoyable.
“Here, we can see many different types of animals, such as the stripe-y pony thing, the long-neck cheetah…and the ones with the horns, those are new. And, of course, those are lions, ’cause if I called them anything else, I’d be lyin’.”Jungle Cruise Skipper
Fun flavors like coconut and lemon-lime paired with animal crackers and coconut to give you an adventurous party mix perfect for any jungle gathering.
Jungle Cruise Popcorn Party Mix
What you will need
- 2 cups Green lemon -lime candy popcorn
- 2 cups Zebra popcorn – any brand chocolate and white chocolate coated
- 2 cups Caramel popcorn – any brand
- 2 cups Animal crackers
- 1/4 cup dark green M&Ms – Traditional
- 1/4 cup green M&Ms – Traditional
- ¼ cup Brown Cocoa M&Ms – Cocoa
- ¼ cup toasted coconut recipe below
- Green lemon – lime candy corn
Lemon-Lime Popcorn Ingredients:
- 2 cups popcorn popped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 packet of Kool Aid lemon – lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Toasted Coconut Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut
- Place plain popcorn in a large bowl (you'll need room to stir the candy mixture in!)
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring sugar, kool aid mix, water, and butter to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat (make sure you work quickly!).
- Spread on baking sheets lined with wax paper and let dry for 1-2 hours until no longer sticky.
- Toasted Coconut Directions:
- In a medium sauce pan add your butter.
- Once melted add your coconut.
- Stirring often until golden brown.
- Remove form heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients together and toss to combine.